VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I'm moving to Washington later this year. My husband is due to report to Ft Lewis, so we'll be living somewhere close to there.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i'm in WA for a few more weeks. someone buy me dinner! heh heh. kidding, sort of, of course.

you'll love WA, erin. i've never actually lived here, but spent lots of time in the seattle area..and probably will go to grad school in the area.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i knew someone would mention that, heh....well, i am nomadic, you see (my name used to be funky nomad, dammit)- so it's only logical! i have ties all around the states!
when people ask me where i'm from i list a few places, heh. i havent posted in the thread where i actually pay rent though
so it could have been 7 threads!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I like nomads. In Washington almost everyone I meet is from somewhere else. I cannot seem to get out of state.

I'm glad you are driving now Erin, Washington is impossible without wheels.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamila

I'm glad you are driving now Erin, Washington is impossible without wheels.
I still don't have my license. I need actual drivers training. Since there is no drivers training here, I'll get it as soon as we get to Washington.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've lived in Washington all my life and you couldn't get me to move for the world. Here, you are near mountains, beaches, forests, farmland and desert. It's every state in one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Erin_Sword2Sky

I'm moving to Washington later this year. My husband is due to report to Ft Lewis, so we'll be living somewhere close to there.
I live about 20 minutes away from the base in Tacoma. You'll love it here. Maybe not here, exactly, but all the stuff around us is great. Seattle will be about a 45 minute drive from the base which is neat because you can go to Pike Place Market. It's the best way to support local farmers. Also, the Puyalup area is close which is in the valley so it's great farmland and they have a great farmer's market. When you move here check it out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Anyone notice the Wasington Heat Wave??? I am dying... literally dying. Ice cube after ice cube on my wrists won't help. Tell me I'm not alone! Please!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just celebrated our 28th anniversary at the Ocean City vicinity of the beach. We left Granite Falls at 7:30ish on Friday after the Prince got home from work and got to Lake Silvia St. park at 9:52pm; eight little minutes before the park would close for the night. Pretty little place. The next morning we walked the campground before making tea and breakfast after which we planned to head on out to the beach. The rain began to pour down so we skipped making breakfast and drank soy latte's instead with some munchies we had. What happened to the heat wave? We were on the beach by 7am before just about anyone else. It was lovely. After strolling and taking a few pictures we went back to the truck and drove south along the beach, stopping at a grocery for soymilk, oil, and a few things we forgot. Ou-ed and awed at the expensive houses. Do you know that there is very little sign of bird life at the ocean any more? Are they all just nesting right now? It was almost spooky.

Every time we decided to cook the rain came. Finally the prince put up a tarp off the back of the truck and we set up the stove in that cozy little bit of shelter, sipping the (de alcholized) wine we brought while making a "Mongolian grill" style stir-fry. We had brought the camp oven (what a luxury--the things you can bring that are too heavy to carry on our back!) and mixed up a batch of short cake ('m not that good, I put the dry stuff in a zip-lock and the liquid in a plastic jar before we left home, mixed and squished in the bag before plopping it all in the pan) to bake while we ate dinner. Hungry beachcombers would call out to us to say how good it smelled. It was actually VERY good. Hot cinnamon shortcake, fresh berries and fake whip on the beach all sheltered and cozy from the rain. Beautiful day!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Was that this weekend? It was funny because I helped my sister move and it was nice and then it was crazy, pouring rain. I drove some guys back to Auburn and part of it was flooded in about 30 minutes of rain. I guess we've gotten used to having no rain in the rain state. We better get used to it again!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yes it was this weekend (the 21st of June)

Everytime we were on the beach it was beautiful. While we were driving and doing the lookie lou thing it was either very pretty or lightly raining. As soon as we would stop to cook the rain would poor down. Still it was cozy cooking under the tarp while curled together in the nest we made in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sounds like a wet romantic weekend. It was neat because the lightning was beautiful. You could actually see the bolts. Did you see any? There was this HUGE one that ran all the way across the sky. I love lightning!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I love it too, no, there was no lightening where we were. I remember thinking about the possibility as the water ran under my feet while I stood before the stove. I remember that I was glad that I was not cooking on an electric stove.

1 - 20 of 607 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.