VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago, I lost a lot of weight, after I stopped eating fast foods, drinking pop/soda, converted myself to water and started exercising like a mad person. It was not, at the time, my intent to become vegan or vegetarian, but I am finding that the only meats I still eat are forms of fish and poultry.

I know I have the discipline to eat whatever I so choose, since I literally weigh out my foods every day, using gram measurements and I exercise religiously.

I have tried tofu a few times, but what I find is that people tell me to soak it in soy sauce or some other sauce that has a ridiculously high sodium content, so until I am once again employed, experimenting with that will have to wait. I have a few interviews this week, so that will soon be over - fortunately for me interviews are one thing I'm great at.

Even though I'm not employed right now, the cost of food for me is pretty high. I eat a lot of raw almonds and flax seed oils, quinoa, vegetables and I love lentils, so I'm at least partially there. Right now I am in transition though. I HAVE been eating a lot of fish and chicken for a source of protein. I do drink milk and use whey protein at the moment. I do not believe I am quite ready for veganism, but I am here to learn, plug a bunch of information in my giant excel spreadsheet and come up with meal plans that will work for me. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I know I can get there -- hopefully I can find some good, constructive advice and information here

Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thank you for the welcome!

Haha, I know that tofu eater does not equate to vegetarian/vegan, but it looked like such a good choice of foods for meaty textures. Perhaps when I get more income I'll experiment with it more -- that and I need to research to see if anyone has fresh tofu, because I've heard that the prepackaged stuff is nasty comparitively and therefore I'm probably not making a fair comparison. At one point I was considering going into culinary arts, but changed my mind, though I still like to experiment. The foods I enjoy the most are the beans, legumes, grains, vegetables and nuts, so it's a very easy switch for me.

P.S. Don't take the tofu bone out when making stocks or you'll lose all the flavor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Anyone want to give me odds on whether couverture makes it or not?
It's something I've been looking into for a while, but didn't want to make the dive until I figured out what I was going to eat, what I enjoyed and at least somewhat educating myself. My dilema had to do more with making sure I could get a balanced diet. I'm not ready for veganism and am not sure if that will happen, but I know that transitions work a lot better if a person doesn't make rash changes.

Sorry if I screwed up the odds of the betting pool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts