VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The video game. It's fun. If you've never seen it before, this first video shows it pretty well, both the screen and the guitar.

DivX versions available to download on the Downloads page. Sites below are streaming flash. YouTube has the WORST quality, so try the others first.

Video 1: Guitar Hero II demo - Strutter (expert) with fingering!

Choose a Site: GameTrailers | GameSpot | YouTube

(skip the first minute if you hate me)

I did this so people (who haven't bought the demo) could see what expert looks like. It has a lot of three-button-chords, which are new to GH2. At the same time, I decided to show the live-action part of it (frets/strum on the plastic guitar), and put it at the top of the video. I flipped the video so it's a mirror image, that way the colors match up, making it easier to follow along.

So while this was just meant to show a new song, it's a pretty good video to send to friends who have never seen the game before, or people who are having trouble with chords and finger positions, and want to see a good shot of it.

Video 2: Guitar Hero Playing Positions

Choose a Site: GameTrailers | GameSpot | YouTube

A video demonstration of some different playing positions for Guitar Hero. Included are positions such as "flat," "upright bass," "cross arm," and more, all done during a single song (You Got Another Thing Comin' - Hard)! Finished with a five star review.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Didn't see your video, but I love guitar hero! Very fun game. My husband beat it on expert a few months back, he was very pleased :) I haven't played it nearly as often as he has, so I'm still on the second level (I easily beat the game on easy, working on moderate - and right now I'm enjoying star wars lego II way to much to play anything else!)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

Do you play guitar IRL, Tommy?
Nope.

This is insane, this video hit the FRONT PAGE on YouTube for most viewed videos (for yesterday), #18! Over 30,000 views and counting, with an amusing discussion between GH fans and real guitarists:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If that helps you.
People compare every music game to DDR. They're all music games, it's a genre! It actually isn't so much like DDR, because in Guitar Hero you have to hold the frets AND strum, whereas DDR you just step.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post

If that helps you.
Hehehe. Yeah, just trying to understand it. From a guitar player's point of view it's hard not to wonder why someone wouldn't ultimately get more out of a real guitar.

But it's a game, it's meant to be fun, and you clearly seem to know which buttons to press.

Let me know if they ever come up with an Yngwie Malmsteen version. I'd like to give that a go. I sure as heck can't play like him on a real guitar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.