VeggieBoards banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
There is a very nasty thread on a neo-Nazi website discussing this subject. Most of these people were able to buy these shirts at their local Walmarts.

Also the design used on the entry page to the site is very similar to the design on these shirts.

Warning: Very vile, racist contents.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]http://www.resistance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10990&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hig hlight=walmart&start=0[/SPOILER]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dislike Wal Mart for a number of different reasons other than this. But out of curiosity anyone happen to know or remember that they used to sell on their website "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion", a clearly very anti-semetic book. Wal Mart didn't pull it until people called them out on it. They can pull or censor materials suggesting drug use and foul language before they hit the shelves but apparently Neo-Nazi related objects seem to completly elude them. Is Wal Mart suggesting something here?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I think it's due to 1978 being a fairly significant year in neo-nazi history. It was the year that the neo nazi leader William Pierce's book 'The Turner Diaries" was published which I vaguely remember learning something about when I was at school.

It was also the year that the US Supreme Court ruled that a neo-nazi march would be allowed to go ahead in Skokie after it was cancelled in 1977 due to much controversy.

http://www.lib.niu.edu/ipo/1978/ii781111.html
I was just going to mention that it probably relates to The Turner Diaries. Ironically enough, The Turner Diaries was brought up in my political ideologies class tonight. This is pretty random but for some reason Pierce's "utopia" reminds me of the movie 28 Days Later.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

There is a very nasty thread on a neo-Nazi website discussing this subject. Most of these people were able to buy these shirts at their local Walmarts.

Also the design used on the entry page to the site is very similar to the design on these shirts.

Warning: Very vile, racist contents.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]http://www.resistance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10990&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hig hlight=walmart&start=0[/SPOILER]
omg, what a vile and hateful site....

curiosity got the best of me and I looked at a couple other threads. My skin is crawling now... and I seriously want to cry...

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Yes, That is some weird forum. It's however useful to read what these people say because one would never mix with them in real life, so it's kind of educational, even it if it rather hair-raising and quite incomprehensible at times.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I never would have known that was a Nazi symbol. Of course I'm the kind of happy naive that doesn't recognize symbols and slang for drugs and other such things.

Therefore I would give the benefit of the doubt that they did not know, and I'm glad that they pulled them. If I remember correctly, that probably would have been part of a whole wall of available designs. A lot of stores are selling very cheap tees with older designs and such on them. Old Navy, Target, etc. I would not be surprised if something else objectionable hadn't been snuck in.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
The person who made these shirts knew what they were making. That it slipped past the managers out of ignorance is very likely though. (I think in Europe this would have not slipped by, but then there are so many of these Nazi freaks still walking around that we are more aware here of the symbols they use.)

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

omg, what a vile and hateful site....

curiosity got the best of me and I looked at a couple other threads. My skin is crawling now... and I seriously want to cry...
I am sorry that this site affected you so deeply. But I don't think the correct moral to draw from this story is that one needs to cry. These people need to be fought--I don't mean by armed force, but by protest and agitation. What happenned in the '30s and '40s needs to be remembered and never denied.

Wal-Mart needs to be opposed if what they did was careless or negligent and not the result of an honest mistake.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

No they didn't. They said it would take up to two days to remove them. Rubbish. A phone-call to all their managers would have taken an hour at least.

They waited two days and during that time all the Nazis in the States had time to buy the shirts.

WalMart sucks.
i wonder if they gave the Nazis clearance prices?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
*shudder* I'm back from reading several threads on the site Joe linked. All I can say is... I'm so glad I live where and when I do. Such sentiments were more widely accepted in previous eras.

I did find one statement there interesting: (from the Wal-Mart T-shirt thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster on racist forum View Post

I see far more offensive stuff in the girl section of Wal Mart than this T-shirt.

Maybe these goofballs should be wanting Wal Mart to do something about the mini-skirts and tummy showing shirts they have in the "Winter" section for the girls.

A+ priorties!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts