VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not posted on here in a REALY long time, it's good to be back though.<br><br>
In January i'm going to south africa to volunteer at the V.M.F. (Vervet Monkey Foundation) I have just finished a 14 month internship at Wild futures monkey sanctuary in cornwall and briefly met the people who run the V.M.F. as they happened to visit, and because of that and my previous experience they have offered me a position as a voluntary staff member. Will possibly end up staying there for up to 3 years!<br><br>
My question is, have any of you volunteered there or do you know anyone who has, if so how did you find it? Obviously i'm so excited about this and would just love to read about anyone's experiences of the place.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
I know nothing about it, but it sounds like a fun, exciting gig. Congrats. Keep us posted.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
No, i'm afraid i've never been to South Africa. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time there, it must be really good to have a job that you really want to do.<br><br>
You say that the position is voluntary, i am just wondering how you will support yourself whilst you are there?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be living off my savings vincent. The position is voluntary however i also won't have any living costs as they provide free accommodation and food, so i will be spending money only when i go out to the pub or buy something in town, or do the tourist thing. And things are relatively cheep in south africa compared to British prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts