VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My work after hurricane katrina hit, offered that if you helped red cross, and a ton of other organizations, to keep paying you your full time salary if you were helping down south... I called but none really helped animals directly that id be eligable for full pay.... Anyway, are there any organizations that come to mind that you can sign up to be on a list in case something major happens in the future? I know last year they could have used people transporting animals to different shelters and supplies transfers etc..

I have a 24' enlclosed race car type trailer with vents, can have heat added to it easily if it were to need it, carries ~9,000lbs inside, two doors, multiple inside lights that can stay on while its in motion and a new ford diesel truck that will pull about anything under 17,000 lbs. It sits high, could go through 1-2' of water pulling the trailer easily and has a winch in the trailer if i needed to move something i guess. Id love to help if something came up in the future. The truck and trailer cost a lot of money and id love to put it to "good" use asside from using for my business or pleasure racing. I wouldnt care where it was, i dont need to get paid as long as they reimburse your fuel or something if your driving thousands of miles per week or something you know

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe the Humane Society?

If you mean human-focused organizations that also help animals, you're in luck. In the US, it's now law that pets have to be included in disaster relief efforts/plans. I'm sure that makes it easier than last year to find the kind of organization you are looking for.

Good luck!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegAnna View Post

Maybe the Humane Society?

If you mean human-focused organizations that also help animals, you're in luck. In the US, it's now law that pets have to be included in disaster relief efforts/plans. I'm sure that makes it easier than last year to find the kind of organization you are looking for.

Good luck!
Yeah it would in the future. For this particular occurance at my job. Moreso, i am looking for full out places that would be involved like Friends of Animals, Peta, HSUS, SPCA etc. I guess id have to try and email all of them to find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.