VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost positive I have a Vitamin Deficiency...I am almost always sick..Not like horrid ill but I always have a cold or a cough...ect. Little junk that will get better but nothing goes away. I went to the doctor and he agreed with me. He gave me nasty pills that will help, they are huge
, I hate them so much. I will still take these stupid pills but are there any food's that will help me get the Vitamin's I need? I drink vitamin water like twice a week but that is not the best thing and I do not think it works at all

Are there any foods that will help? I have not been completely healthy for 2 months now and I want to feel good again

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You can't really know if you have a vitamin deficiency unless you have your doctor run some blood tests. Even if you do have a deficiency of some sort, it's important to know what is it, so you can focus on getting the nutrients you need, not just "vitamins". If you need all kinds of vitamins, then fruit, vegetables, greens, (whole)grains, legumes, nuts, mushrooms and yeast (+ fortified foods or a B12 supplement) provide all the necessary vitamins. In short, make sure you have a varied, balanced diet, with enough calories and nutrients.

Also bear in mind that a weakened immune system can be the result of stress, coping with other illnesses, as well as a number of other factors. A poor diet will definitely make you more vulnerable, but it's important to be aware of your overall diet and lifestyle, too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
464 Posts
it depends on the vitamins you're lacking.

Are you feeling un-energetic too or are you just very prone to influenza and other common viruses?

And how's your physical activity like? For people who play a lot of sports and drink a lot of water, it's essential they take a lot of vitamins as 1. body requires it 2. water soluble vitamins are quick to be depleted.

Most my vitamins, I get from fruit and veg.

But i use a lot of vitamin supplements.

I use:

Vitamin C - 1500mg - 2000mg a day ... this is essential for immune system. you shud probably take 250mg - 500mg a day for immunity. I take it higher quantities as it surpresses cortisol.

Flax Seed tablets - 4 a day

Garlic Tablets - 2 a day

Zinc - 30 mg a day

Magnesium - 450 mg a day

vitamin B6 - ?

Multi-Vitamin - contains traces of several others.

In your case, I think you should first check your diet. Make sure you're getting enough clean calories. You could always drink Orange Juice instead of Vitamin C tablets. You could always eat real Garlic instead of Garlic tablets and same for flax seed.

There's also v8 vegetable juice which has plenty of vitamins except i don't take that because it's high on sodium.

Zinc, Magnesium and B6. You wont need them in such big quantities as what i'm taking. You should get enough from the multi vitamin.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
V8 may not be veg...they are sketchy about where their sources are from. There is a thread on here about that.

I would suggest taking a multivit, we really all could use a basic supplement to round out our diets. Try as you might, its difficult to get all you need in a day, EVERYday.

Have your docs run some tests if you feel like its warranted...are you fatigued, losing hair, gaining/losing weight, dizzy? these are all things you should bring to your doc's attention.

If you are having sniffle like symptoms, it could be an allergy...plants, detergents, mold, something in the environment...or if you eat dairy...that can cause your body to produce excess mucus. The dry heat, from a wood stove or dusty baseboards couild cause sniffles too. Try a humidifier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am almost positive I have a Vitamin Deficiency...I am almost always sick..Not like horrid ill but I always have a cold or a cough...ect. Little junk that will get better but nothing goes away. I went to the doctor and he agreed with me. He gave me nasty pills that will help, they are huge
, I hate them so much. I will still take these stupid pills but are there any food's that will help me get the Vitamin's I need? I drink vitamin water like twice a week but that is not the best thing and I do not think it works at all

Are there any foods that will help? I have not been completely healthy for 2 months now and I want to feel good again
Check out these useful tools that can help you to keep tabs on your daily consumption of plant-based foods, vitamins and nutrients. Even vegan diets need to be balanced for optimal health!

chlorophyllbased | Etsy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vitamin Deficiency. may affects your body health counsunlts your doctor.Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world, affecting more than 25% of people worldwide ( 1 , 2 ). This number rises to 47% in preschool ....

Expert recommended Dr Jambu Jain as a Top Endocrinologist in Bhopal,Best Diabetes Doctor in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Just because of Dr Jambu Jain patient reviews, history, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and their general excellence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts