VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am visiting my sister and her family for Easter this year. She nicely asked me for suggestions on what to make for Easter dinner, given that they will have some sort of slab of meat on the table for everyone else (as requested by her DH). Any suggestions on good vegetarian/vegan options for Easter dinner?

I am SO tempted to request something that just LOOKS Very Vegetarian to drive my BIL crazy. The more tofu the better. But that just might be too rude.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I attended a large Easter gathering for about 5 years straight when I lived in my old apartment. I would make falafel every year and it was a great success. I made the falafel balls a little smaller than normal, so they were more like finger food. I took 2-3 different sauces for dipping, and some toothpicks to pick up the falafel with.

It was generally the first thing to totally get eaten up, even with me being the only veg*n. It's not really a traditional Easter dish, but it's really good.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I've found that pasta salads are always a big hit. Veg mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fruit/veggie platter, pickles, hummus.... those are some things that are pretty basic and tend to go good w/most meals.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tend to just make a feast of side dishes for holidays. I know lots of veg*ns like to have some kind of special main course, but I love traditional side dishes anyway, and I just make sure there is a wide variety of things that makes a balanced meal. So I'd just make sure she had plenty of yummy veggie side dishes & salad, and one more protein oriented one like a tortellini salad or mac & cheese if you're ovo-lacto, or maybe veg*n baked beans, or a bean salad or something.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm with Sarah on the side dishes and the bean salads. I usually just take some beans from a can, toss on some italian dressing or salt and pepper, and voila!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
typically, i make quiche. for a vegan version, i make a savory tart with tofu. typically, both are spring herb and asparagus. the quiche includes cream, goat cheese and eggs; the tart is mostly tofu with a number of seasoning ingredients plus the herbs and asaparagus.

looks beautiful, tastes great, and is very filling.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great ideas! I've passed them on to my sister and we'll see what I end up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts