Yes, the obit says he died in his sleep, but the description says he died while sitting in his car in front of his house. If it was an accident or a heart attack or anything else it would not have been worded like that, which leads me to believe it was a case of intentional car exhaust poisoning, which would certainly put you to sleep. I hope that's not the case, but if it was it's quite a shame. We've lost a powerful voice and advocate for the animals. Whatever the case, hopefully he's at rest.