VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
It's refreshing to see a vegan doctor advocating for plant based eating!

As someone who works with cancer patient charts a lot, I see that it is fairly common for medical staff to push high protein high calorie diets for their cancer patients. While I can understand the increased need for calories when receiving harsh treatments for cancer (and because of the effects of the cancer itself), I find it discouraging and ironic that meat and dairy are often encouraged. I would think those foods would be so much harder to digest, and there are studies that show that they promote some types of cancer. I would love to see more advocacy in the way of plant based eating for cancer patients!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your comment, I've also noticed that doctors push meat and dairy diets for cancer patients. But a good thing that's going on in Sweden is that a lot of heart clinics have stopped serving meat to their patients in an effort to change their diet.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thank you for your comment, I've also noticed that doctors push meat and dairy diets for cancer patients. But a good thing that's going on in Sweden is that a lot of heart clinics have stopped serving meat to their patients in an effort to change their diet.

Isn't that like serving cigarettes for cancer patients?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts