VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
thats really good that people are doing something about it. but its still pretty ignorant the fact that for the average omnivore, this is depressing, but can easily turn a blind eye to the species that havent been thought of as pets

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think many people consider their horses to be pets. I know I do. All of my horsebackriding friends do. In some parts of the world today, horses are not "working" animals anymore, but are instead more of a luxury. (although with this said, I recognize there are still many places where horses do play an important economical/workforce role) I think its time that laws concerning horses and their humane treatment start reflecting the non-essential/pet status they have acquired.

I'm not saying that other livestock animals aren't just as deserving of the same level of humane treatment (because they are), but if dogs and cats were being treated like this, you can bet the general public would be up in arms over it, wheras with a large pet like a horse, the number of people upset and therefore willing to push a change is much smaller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts