VeggieBoards banner

Video game for veg*ns

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Erin_S2S 
#1 ·
http://www.veggiegames.com/

Quote:
Go on a world-changing adventure in an open city environment as a steer who barely escaped the slaughterhouse. Explore the city, interact with other characters, and play though the missions to save the environment and your fellow animals!

#6 ·
Rock! Of course the graphics look pretty tame compared to today's standards, but think about it. This is a game featuring SOY PATTIES and other veggie stuff. It's about compassion! I was expecting much worse as well. Sure, there are games like Deer Avenger, but that's still marketed towards the general population. It's still all about killing and stuff, it's a joke. This game is truly vegan! I think it's great, I'm definitely getting it when it comes out.

#13 ·
Personally, I think that gameplay is far more important than graphics. Some games sell just because they have top fo the line graphics and are hyped up a lot. I don't like the most violent games but an awful lot of games have violence. It doesn;t bother me too much. I won't embarrass myself and say how much time I spend playing them

#14 ·
I doubt this game will actually do well. The graphics, to be honest are a bit dated, especially in the era we have today, where you can get realistic lighting and allsorts of realism in video games. It looks a bit cheesy as well. And also, I think that appeal will be on some of the more upmarket games, particularly the violent ones.

I've not been buying video games for a while, (The last one i bought was perfect dark on N64) so i'm not up to date on the current market trends, but I know myself that violent games such as GTA and metal gear solid are more my bag. This game looks too cartoon-ish for most of the market, and if it was steer madness or Vice city, I'd rather be a gangster than a cow.

I may sound a litle pessimistic, but I know for sure that this isn't the kind of game that appeals to me. It may appeal to smaller kids, but I think they'd much prefer to play GTA, resident evil and other violent games. i know it's kinda grim, that kid would be playing violent games, but I know for a fact that you get 8 year olds playing these sorts of games. I also doubt whether the vegetarian theme in the game would go down well with the audience.

I'm just thinking in terms of how I percieve the gaming market though. There may be some niché for this game that I haven't considered. But when it's released, we'll see how well it does and what the reviews are.

#15 ·
Well of course MOST people won't like it. I don't think the developers are expecting most people to buy it or like it. I don't think they're making it for them. Obviously it's for veg*ns! You can't compare it to GTA or Splinter Cell or whatever! You should be comparing it to flash games on the internet, because that's all I would have ever expected a game like this to be made for. This is actually (going to be) a _real_ game, and that's amazing.

#16 ·
But shouldn't manufacturers be trying to make these sorts of games for NON-veggies? They are the ones who could do with being exposed to common veggie issues in a gaming environment.

If someone like ElectronicArts took the contract for the development of a veggie-based game, I'm sure you would see plenty more veggie/vegan kids (and therefore adults) in the future.

#17 ·
Haha, well I don't know about that. Just as videogames (IMO) don't make kids go out and want to kill people, I don't think they would make kids actually go veg*n. It's possible I suppose, just look what happened with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Tons of kids got into skating and punk music because of that game.

If they made a veggie game and released it on a large scale, I bet people would just say, "this is lame, stupid tree-huggers" or something. If the game was actually revolutionary then it might do well, but I doubt it would "convert" people. Like say when The Sims first came out...if all the food in the game was soy, and it had other veg*n things in it...I'm sure it would still have sold tons of copies, but most people wouldn't have noticed the veg*n stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.