Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut32 View Post

I grew up in Vermont and lived in Burlington and Essex Jct. I loved it there!! Do you ever go to the City Market?
yeah, when i worked on church street I was in City Market almost everyday. Dreamy Vegan Brownies!!!! I havn't been there much lately though, It feels kinda wrong now that I work at Healthy Living.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
For a place that has so much vegetarian food available, it's odd that there are hardly any vegetarians here.

I guess the omnis are buying all that soy drink, mock meat, soy cheese, tempeh etc etc.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
if anyone lives near or in brattleboro i am so jealous. i went there last weekend to visit a friend and had such a good time. we had dinner at The Common Ground and had seiten steak. it was amazing. the whole town is really cool.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I love Brattleboro too, I will check it out the next time I am in that area, I have heard of it.

we usually eat at a pretty good place right on the main drag, I forget the name, but its always good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My parents live just outside Brattleboro. I go visit usually every summer for a week or so. Where's the Common Ground?? My parents are not veggie, so they wouldn't know where to get veggie food, except maybe the co-op.

t.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
its on 25 elliot st. not too far from the coop. they have a bunch of vegan/veggie things to choose from. scrambled tofu for breakfast, tempeh reuben for lunch, vegan cesear salads, burritos, seitan steak, cashew burgers, all organic ingredients in everything. there are also a couple indian restaurants and thai places that have good veggie dishes. i've always lived in non veg friendly areas so i felt like a kid at disney world when visiting there.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
There was a review/article about Common Ground in our Sunday paper last week........I am very curious to go there now, the article said they now offer meat dishes as well, so I know I can get hubby to go for sure......

We will prob be up that way when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Montpelier is too far away for me to visit regularly. I love Rhapsodys. I'd definatly eat there more if it wasn't so far away.

And actually...Rhapsodys is not a vegan retauarant ( though they have great vegan fare), they serve fish/sushi.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Quote:
haha. I sent this to my friend in vermont knowing she would definetly appreciate it (which she did) but she had already seen it after hearing about it on the news there. She also informed me that Jennifer Connelly just bought a house in her neighborhood and two of her coworkers have already run into her at the store. They told her how great of an actress they thought she was and how cool it is that she is vegan and said they would forgive her for doing "The Hulk" because everyone makes mistakes ...lol.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,

I'm originally from NJ but have been exiled to Texas (though HEB and pinto beans RULE!) for almost 30 years. Now some relatives of ours have moved to southern VT and I am researching whether we can escape too. I don't drive and I am sick and tired of SPRAWL (commuting (being driven) an hour a day to work each way) and isolation. I'm looking forward to an old fashioned community and making friends and walking to places (or cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing, or whatever). I'm also Buddhist and vegan. (And 52.). Is Burlington be the best place for my sort of people or does the area around Ludlow where my relatives live have anything promising?

Any help or referrals you can give me would be great.

I'm a medical transcriptionist so can work at home if there is a broadband connection, which there isn't in my middle of nowhere.

thanx,

f

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.