VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm a Vermonter too, born and raised, and have spent my entire 20 years here. I live in Barre right now, due to college, but I was born and raised in the northeast kingdom, my true home. Kinda funny how people are talking about the Cheney House in Westmore. I used to go there all the time for class trips. My hometown is Irasburg, which is right between Orleans and Coventry.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

hehe, i always get all excited when i find out there's another vermonter on the boards, but everyone's always from way farther north in the state than i am!
I always find that people are further South.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah vermont!! i have been here for the past 6 months, in Richmond...i went to college in vt a zillion years ago...we are relocating here in about a year...we have to go home to new mexico next month to make some money and prepare for the high cost of living

i love the bolton potholes!! and burlington is a great little city.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I spent a month in Vermont back in 1993 for my job, and I really did fall in love with the state. We stayed in Essex Junction and worked in Colchester. I had weekends off, so I drove all over the state. I had been vegetarian for almost five years at that point, so I was happy to find a little restaurant in Burlington that had the best vegetarian sandwiches made with seitan, tempeh, and other ingredients. Anyone know the place of which I speak? Hope it's still there.

Yeah, and I do realize my view of Vermont is slightly skewed because the month I was there was August. And many of the locals I met always told me that Vermont had two seasons, Winter and August.
Still, I'd love to live there some day.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have friends in Burlington that I visit every 2 months or so (I live in Manchester NH) and I was just saying today that two months ago I was swimming in the lake with them, and yesterday it snowed there! Crazy!

Does anyone know if the vegetarian dim sum at the Five Spice restaurant is vegan? I would think the seitan salad would be, but am not too sure about the dumplings.. might have to call them.

I love Hong's dumpling cart on Church St. Also, I know that Stone Soup has a vegetarian brunch on Saturdays, but I've never been... has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
649 Posts
veggie vixen i can answer none of those questions but what you said about swimming!! ha ha!! that's exactly what i said as i sat in my dark cold lacking electricity,heat,stove, water house for 20 plus hours!! i love vt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow... this threads been dead for a while. Ill have to fix that.

Burlington representing here! I grew up and went to school in Colchester kindergaten through high School, and then decided i needed to get the f*** OUT of Vermont for a while. I lived in Newport RI for a while for school, and then decided to come back and transfer to Champlain college. I appreciate it soo much more now, and being in Burlington now is so completely different then it felt in High school. Ive gotten into the hardcore scene here, and so many of those kids are vegan. Its awesome, I had so much help going vegan in burlington a couple months ago. Burlington Hardcore kids throw some amazing vegan potlucks and bbq's

·
Registered
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veg_powered View Post

wow... this threads been dead for a while. Ill have to fix that.

Burlington representing here! I grew up and went to school in Colchester kindergaten through high School, and then decided i needed to get the f*** OUT of Vermont for a while. I lived in Newport RI for a while for school, and then decided to come back and transfer to Champlain college. I appreciate it soo much more now, and being in Burlington now is so completely different then it felt in High school. Ive gotten into the hardcore scene here, and so many of those kids are vegan. Its awesome, I had so much help going vegan in burlington a couple months ago. Burlington Hardcore kids throw some amazing vegan potlucks and bbq's
I grew up in Vermont and lived in Burlington and Essex Jct. I loved it there!! Do you ever go to the City Market?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.