VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ethan Allen was the leader of the Green Mountain Boys, who fought New York's army to keep Vermont from being under New York's Control. After winning independence for Vermont, he went on to attack Montréal, and was captured and put into jail. A Couple of hundred years later, they started a furniture store and named it after him. Perhaps they admired his courage, or just his metal gut that allowed him to be such a wonderful alcoholic.

Tonight, thanks to Mike, I shall reveal myself!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
huzzah! welcome back
yes yes share all the juicy gossip and stuff would ya? we've been Mikie deprived

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, thanks for the warm welcome back!

So... where did I leave off? Hmm...

I moved to Boston, and I was going to the Boston Architectural Center, and I was working at Whole Foods Market. I really liked work, and school was ok. But rent was terrible, and it was killing me, and there is only so much pasta and rice one person can eat.

I started meeting a lot of cool people, and was having a grand ol' time! However, school wasn't going to well because I had a really ****ty studio teacher who was giving me a hard time because I didn't spend enough time on my homework, and yet, he claimed I was one of the best students he's seen. Mhmmm... then one day, I was doing a presentation and he chewed me out in class, until my eyes started watering, and I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the classroom and made it a block up Newbury Street when I heard him running behind me, and I just kept walking until he gave up and turned around. I didn't go back to that class, but I finished the rest of my classes.

Well, seeing as I was having fun being a social person, and going out, and having fun at work, and having fun going to museums, and the omnitheatre, and riding my bike, and checking out all the different areas of Boston, and being online, and doing just about everything I wanted and liking it, EXCEPT anything school related, I decided I didn't want to go back to school this year, and I didn't.

And then I moved to New Orleans.

I work with Kittee here at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty soon both Kittee and I will have 2000 hours each in this company and we'll be awarded our 20 service hours, where we can work for any non-profit of our choice for 20 hours and be paid our regular wages. Naturally, we've chosen VO and sometime in the future we hope to be handing out Why Vegans in the French Quarter and being paid for it.

I also someday hope to figure out how to use IE with my regular handle and not have to switch to Netscape.

So, that's about it for now...

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Hahaha, I see you haven't changed.

Avalon, I can't believe you didn't catch on!! No excuses!! I was throwing you every bit of obviousness I could muster without giving myself away to everyone.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.