VeggieBoards banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Congrats!!

That's very exciting. Making anything special for dinner tonight to celebrate?

Edit: Hey, I see you're in mid-Michigan. I am trapped in East Lansing/Okemos. If you want a veg buddy lemme know ;)

·
Veg-head since 10/14/14
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!!

That's very exciting. Making anything special for dinner tonight to celebrate?

Edit: Hey, I see you're in mid-Michigan. I am trapped in East Lansing/Okemos. If you want a veg buddy lemme know ;)
Well, it's probably gonna be another batch of falafel. Made it for the very first time a couple days ago, and it was so damn good I had to make up another tub of "dough".... LOL =) Decided I'm gonna make dozens of teeny balls & freeze 'em, so I'll ALWAYS have some on hand. (Heeheehee.... balls in hand)

And how-do, fellow Michigander!! Thanks so much for posting! You must be my friend now.... LOL ;-)

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Good for you! :up:

Reactions: MadamSarcastra

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Congrats to you!
I haven't made falafel in ages. Want to share your recipe?
Cooked beans or well soaked and ground?

·
Veg-head since 10/14/14
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats to you!
I haven't made falafel in ages. Want to share your recipe?
Cooked beans or well soaked and ground?
Oooh! Hi, there! I hunted around and found a good one that I'm sticking with.... with a few adjustments. Stand by for link.

I just use canned (no-salt) garbonzos.... but if you have the time, yeah, soak those banjo beans! LOL ;-) I nuked the beans (in a little of the liquid) for about 30 seconds & mashed them with a fork (heat softens a bit, dessert fork has wider tines).... Make sure onion & garlic are VERY finely minced.... I used less flour than the recipe called for & they turned out GREAT.... but be sure to chill the "dough" for at least two hours or overnight. I rolled tiny balls by hand, threw 'em in the deep fryer (use an oil with a high flash-point like peanut or canola at 350*).... Tried pan-frying small patties the first time, they tended to fall apart.... I suppose you can also bake them, if preferred.... I made up a bunch, tossed 'em in a bag, so I can just pop a few in the oven for a crunchy snack or to make a wrap/pita with spinach, tomato, & tzatziki. Hope things work out! Experiment, enjoy, and let me know how they turn out!! =)

http://www.sooogood.org/iraqi_food_recipes/falafel.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts