VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's already been established that I'm a weird vegan who doesn't care for tofu, peanut butter, or fruit.

Seems like most breakfast foods (aside from meats) tend toward the sweet side (cereals, fruit, cinnamon oatmeal, toast with jelly, muffins, etc., etc.), and I really don't care for sweets.

I do like an onion bagel of a morning. But lately I'll often cook up something that looks a lot more like "dinner." This morning: Sauteed mushrooms, onions, and zucchini with rice. Or I'll just heat up last night's spaghetti or whatever.

Anyone else eat like this at breakfast time?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ha ha - I am kind of the opposite of you guys - I am the one who has cereal, pancakes and oatmeal for supper. I have had veggie omlets for breakfast and I like to cram in as many veggies as possible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
haha, im with you krafty. I made a gimme-lean sausage bagel for dinner the other night. I remember my mom telling me that the famous childrens doc...Dr. Spock says that children should have cereal for breakfast and dinner....silly man.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I eat any meal when I want, but usually I like cereals and breakfast foods for breakfast, supper foods for supper. BUT, if I ever steered away from that Idea, I would do fine (liek the other night I had two pb&j's and cereal for dinner) It all works out in the wash.

If you DON'T like sweets (weirdo) then you could make my whole grainpancakes. They kind of taste like pretzels. It's about 1/2 cup ww flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal mixed with 2 tbsp baking powder and 1/2-1 tsp (I suppose) of salt. Blend 1/2 a banana with 1 cup of soymilk in the blender and mix the wet and dry together, and that is one tasty pancake batter (taste better with earth balance) drissled with delecious syrup.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like breakfast foods ALL THE TIME! Well, cereal and fruit, actually. I don't like dinner foods at any other time than dinner. On the other hand, I've been known to eat cereal at all three meals....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I can't handle veggies for breakfast. My breakfast has got to be sweet. On China Airlines, they served a savory vegetable porridge for breakfast (called "congee" I think) and I just couldn't stomach it even though I was hungry. I've (unfortunately) been programmed to need sweet foods in the morning.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
For breakfast, i will eat what doesn't need to be cooked very long. So I'll usually have coco pops or something.

Don't feel as though you have to conform at breakfast. If i had my way, I'd be having curry for breakfast!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
on of my favourite breakfasts is 1/2 a baked buttercup squash with toasted ground nuts sprinkled on it. maybe a side of seared tofu. yummmmm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts