VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess who is having a veggie-versary today?

7 years, baby!!

(I have to say this as a disclaimer every time: I wasn't 100% pure in the beginning, but I haven't had a cheat in over 5 years!!)

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7 years feels wonderful! What's funny is people ALWAYS expect me to say 2 years or less when they ask me how long I've been a vegetarian. Their reaction is always funny. The guy I talked to at Starbucks said he was almost at 2 years and thought he had me beat

·
Registered
961 Posts
my vegieversary is this month to. 4 years. its so nice to say it. its kind of like when you say youve been sober for so long. ive been sober from meat

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Congrats!! I admire all you young people who came to vegetarianism at such early ages!! Way to Go!!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Congratulations!!!
Nothing wrong with not being 100% pure, it's the thought that counts; everyone has a different pace in their vegetarianism. You should go have one of those awesome gardein meals that your work has, I've been dying to try them after my mom told me about them.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Congrats Dana

How you ladies remember dates so well is beyond me though. I can't even remember which year I turned let alone the month or day.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank You, Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Congratulations!!!
Nothing wrong with not being 100% pure, it's the thought that counts; everyone has a different pace in their vegetarianism. You should go have one of those awesome gardein meals that your work has, I've been dying to try them after my mom told me about them.
Honestly, slipping up made me stronger. I think if I had been so strict, I wouldn't be a vegetarian today. For dinner, I just had a salad and tomato bisque at work, it was good. Nothing too fancy, if I eat too heavy while working, I feel sluggish and tired for the remainder of my shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Congrats Dana

How you ladies remember dates so well is beyond me though. I can't even remember which year I turned let alone the month or day.
Nov 5th is easy to remember, it's Robert Patrick's birthday (the actor, he was on The X-Files for 2 seasons). And I did it the same year I graduated high school. I'm pretty good with dates for some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

awesome. celebrate with your fav veggie dinner
I might go out and celebrate later in the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

Seven years and only 27,524 posts? Slacker!

Congrats, you are inspirational.
Hey, but I didn't join until December of 05, so that's not even 6 years. And I have about 20,000 more, but they don't count because they were in the Fun and Games section.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Congrats Dana

My VB join date helps me remember...it's the month/year I gave up dairy and eggs. I was vegetarian for a year before that.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Nov 5th is easy to remember, it's Robert Patrick's birthday (the actor, he was on The X-Files for 2 seasons).

Congrats on 7 years!!!!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
bigg CONGRATS
....Whoo--HOO To You

Peace

1 - 20 of 20 Posts