VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently employed by the Salvation Army working in the Catering department of a Training Centre for adults with special needs in South Essex, preparing food for public, staff and trainees. I am 24 but have been in the Catering Industry since 17, I am a qualified Chef and worked in various restaurants through my college work and while at college as well as my current employment. I have a CYQ qualification in Nutrition, and have delivered courses on Special Diets and Healthier Food with CIEH and have been vegetarian since I was 21. I am looking for a new job firmly based in vegetarian/vegan industry. If anyone can help me with useful websites, contacts, anything at all I would be very thankful.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Keep an eye on this; http://www.veganjobs.org/listings.php

Though a good idea might be to get a big list of nearby places and hand in a CV pre-emptively, and get a lot of contacts out with activists or whatever, see if you can get commission work doing events.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, will keep the an eye on the website, will make a start on sorting CV's out as well, prob head London for the day as thats the best place to look.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsouthcott View Post

Cheers, will keep the an eye on the website, will make a start on sorting CV's out as well, prob head London for the day as thats the best place to look.
If you find any veg*n co-operatives and supermarkets, those are good, even if it's just volunteering opportunity, because it will at least get you some connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts