VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm back from my vacation along the Blue RIdge Parkway, and i thought i'd let you know hwo it went.

well, it rained most the time, but we hiked, camped, canoed, white water rafted, and sat in hot springs anyway! it was a nice trip.

my one concern was food--because although we camped overnite and that took care of most dinners and most breakfasts, i didn't know how veg-friendly the area would be.

Can't tell you how veg-friendly it was. Nearly every stop (in the national park restaurants) had more than one vegetarian offering. Granted, i had to eat eggs that were not of my safest origin--but it was a good choice. Dairy-free was easy. So, i would definately recommend this route as a vacation!

ah, saw a lot of deer and various types of birds (mostly small songbirds), and two black squirrels. It was raining--i think everyone was under cover!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Glad your trip went well!! I was wondering where you were.........seems like I haven't seen you on here in forever, but then I wasn't on here much for a while either.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daisy:

i've been incredibly busy. First, since i graduated from law school last may (over a year ago now) i started working full time as a yoga instructor. I was also planning my wedding in last august. Things went nicely--but i was very busy.

then, during the spring, things picked up even more, i was able to get some private clients, and i was able to get a few more classes--so more working like crazy teaching yoga.

Over the last two months, i've been in the process of opening my own yoga studio--which starts it's "transitional schedule" on Monday, June 30! The Grand Opening is going to be in September--and i'm really excited about that too!

So, that's been a LOT of work--and i went on vacation (obviously) for a week. This last week has been a lot of running around and getting things together for the studio. The floors went in yesterday and are finishing today; i got the liability forms and sign in sheets ready; the props are ordered but on delay--they probably won't be here for another month; i have people who are volunteering to work the door for me--thank goodness for that, because i'm such a ninny and i planned my classes away from the studio back to back with the classes in the studio; and then there are the millions of other things that need to be done for the fall such as the marketing scheme, the networking, getting the systems in place, making sure that all the legal details get tied up, and of course, watching my budget like a fiend!

Yes! So busy! Oddly enough, just yesterday i was wondering how you were--and here you are!

How are you?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow!! That is exciting you are opening your own studio!! That's awesome, in fact! There is a new thread on here, with some new-ish people, and they all do yoga - I believe the thread is Yogis and Yoginis, probably in the Healthy Living forum, but I'm not sure. I'm sure you could contribute a lot to it!

Congrats on your weddng (you ARE married now, I take it?). You have been very busy!!

I'm doing well. I have not been quite as busy as you as of late. I've just been working on getting an eBay business up and running, with some success, and have just been mostly being a house-girlfriend, ha ha. I need to start doing my yoga again, since I am not working outside of the house right now. I was working a lot for a while, and I never seemed to have much time for anything then.

I've been learning how to cook, and am getting really good at it! That's an accomplishment for me, as I used to despise cooking and did it really badly, LOL. I am turning into quite the vegan chef - even my omni friends are impressed when they come over for dinner.

I am also going to be joining a Reiki circle soon with a girlfirend of mine. She is actually Reiki "attuned", but she wants to refresh herself, so I am going to go and learn all about it and get attuned myself. I'm excited about that!

But, mostly my days lately have consisted of doing domestic things - I've finally gotten my house organized and mostly decorated (we moved last October). But it's been good! I needed a break.

I'm also trying to start an herb garden, but I'm having some issues with that. It is SO hot here. I need to figure out some things on that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts