VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yummy. I havent had any in sooooo long! and I just bought some stuff to make some. So thats my lunch tomarrow. Any one else love sushi??!!

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
The last time I had sushi, I was still an omni. Just for reference, so I know what to order next time I go to a sushi place, what types of sushi are veg*n? California rolls are, right? What else, though?

--Fromper

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

The last time I had sushi, I was still an omni. Just for reference, so I know what to order next time I go to a sushi place, what types of sushi are veg*n? California rolls are, right? What else, though?

--Fromper

California rolls are not always veggie. I saw some today at the store with fish clearly in it. Ive only had sushi one other time, as a veggie and the whole selection was all veggie, i dont remember what any of it was called.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The place in the mall here makes the Futomaki vegetarian, that is my favorite... You can also get any veggies they have in a roll. The Broccolli and tomato roll with spicy sause is sooooooooooo good too........... OK now I am hungry, lol

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I want to get in my car and go get veggie sushi like right now. Some places have vegan tempura batter and will make tempura maki, which is yummy, also avacado, mixed veggie rolls, tofu, etc. are super yummy. Inari are vegan and some of my favorite sushi.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Wow...vegan tempura batter...what I woudn't do to get me some of that!
Most of the sushi places I go to use vegan tempura batter. You should always ask to be safe, though. Sushi is definitely my favourite thing in the world! I have two favourite sushi places (one in my hometown, one in my university town) and I absolutely adore avocado rolls, Japanese-style green salads, agedashi tofu, vegetable tempura, edamame, spicy tofu salad...mmm...sushi... I love miso soup too, but it's too bad most restaurants feel the need to use fish paste. Blech.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I make my own.

I had some tonight.

Shredded carrot

Peanut and avocado

steamed sweet potato

usually I go for smoked tofu but I couldn't turn on the broiler as the oven was already in use.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
lIeK oMg tEh lak OF punctuation and caps dRIeVs m3 cRa-Zzee!1!!%111!!1 oMgLoLz!1!!

IYAIYAIIII [email protected]#$%^&*()_+ and a lot of these ''''''''''

Just a random post, throwing some random capitalization and punctuation into this thread in case ANYONE should need it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mango and avocado together are great in veggie sushi. The sushi place near me has an amazing seaweed salad too...with sesame seeds. YUM!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Last time I had sushi it tasted like i was licking the sea (and thats not a good thing). it was errr marks&spencer... guess i need a more authentic brand hehe

·
Registered
261 Posts
I love veggie sushi. it's the best. But I never made it at home. Is it easy or hard. And what ingredients do I need to make them?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts