VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so in the fashion of recent posts by flower and marie, i have some stuff that it'd be cool if anybody wanted me to send it to them.

The two main things I have sound weird cuz they seem too "foodstuffy" for giving away, but they're in the vitamin/supplement category(which I stupidly payed way too much money for with good intentions, then was a baby and decided the amount of money wasn't a good reason to punish myself by continueing to take them knowing my stomache would make me suffer dearly for it.)

err, so enough with the long explaination what i have is:

1. Ultra Freeda w/ iron vitamins, bottle of 90 tablets(well, some missing now)

2. KAL Nutritional Yeast Flakes, 22 oz canister.

3. Assorted veggie books, mainly lacto-ova cookbooks. I'll find and list them later if somebody is interested.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I understand about the supplements. I was taking a Freeda multivitamin for a while, but I was throwing up so I stopped. It really upset me because I'd spent money that I didn't really have to buy them. Poor us.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I read a bunch of Motorcycle Bulletin Boards for work and pleasure and one in particuliar has a forum called "Pay It Forward" it is for free give-aways. There are rules and it works awesome, I loved thje movie and love the concept. If Michael wants to start a forum I can give him the exact information and link on how it works.

I am certian Poesia and I have stuff that was destined to be donated that we can donate to our friends on here.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
OOOOOO!!!! That is an AWESOME idea! Can we call it The Swap Meet? "Co-op" just doesn't sound quite right for this place.

Alas, I don't have much innately vegan stuff here, but my grandma has a subscription to VegetarianTimes, and she gives me them once she's done. I can pass them along to another interested person, too, once I've read what I want to.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

Alas, I don't have much innately vegan stuff here, but my grandma has a subscription to VegetarianTimes, and she gives me them once she's done. I can pass them along to another interested person, too, once I've read what I want to.
I would be interested in getting them, but I don't have anything that I can send you in return, skylark...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
DeeYah,

That would be ok. I didn't pay anything for them, so if you wanted to pay for postage, then I'd ship them out to you. How far back do you want issues? I have some from a couple of years ago, and some more recent. I think a bunch in the middle got recycled.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I guess this brings up the issue of how much we want to give out our snail-mail addresses to online people. I was quite wary of it during the Secret Santa exchange. If this VB swap becomes a reality, then many of us might want to get post office boxes, if we don't already.

BTW, DeeYah, you may have something sitting around your house that while it may not be specifically veg*n, you might be able to trade. Maybe someone gave you some Creative Memories scrapbooking supplies, and you've never used them and don't plan to. I'd love to get my hands on some more of that stuff.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i just dug out a bunch of clothes i don't wear anymore to give to goodwill. i could always go through them again and list what's there in case anyone wants them.

does anyone have any Transformers toys or memorabilia, new or old to give away or sell?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would love to see a forum for swapping stuff & giving it away. Every once in a while it would be nice to be able to share something with another one of you guys.

·
Registered
878 Posts
ooo i will take any books if any one has any unless you want money for that then well it wud depend on the price since im ssoo low on money right now .. i dont know if i even count since im in canada up meh so any veg*n books gimme a shout !

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ooh...two book people. hrmnb. are you both lacto-ova veggies? i'm not sure how i'd pick who gets them fairly. maybe you could each pic two books each? or just pm first... that one just doesn't seem as fair though.

here's the books i have:

David Carroll, Complete Book of Natural Foods -it has some recipes(with lotsa milk and honey... wait, and chickenstock... so natural foods didn't mean veg, but hey stock and such can be replaced easilly.) and a lot more info.

Earl Mindell, Unsafe at Any Meal -It's not really vegetarian either, but does have a lot of information about everything.

Practical Vegetarian Pasta- This is a really good looking little cookbook, full of pictures and little nutritional info charts on every page. Overloaded with cheese and eggs, it makes me wish my aunt had given it to me before I went vegan.

Not Milk...Nut Milks, Candia Lea Cole- This is a really refreshing little book, but it does have hard to find/expensive ingredients(so, say i can't get to a hfs, i can't use it) and it has honey. There's a lot of variety and suggestion in it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have something to give away for all those who are into Detox. I bought a book a few months ago called "Detox, cleanse and recharge you mind, body & soul."

I thought I might detox but now I'm just not into it anymore.

View the book at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Please p.m. me if you want it. But first, Flower, tell me if you want it since you were so nice to send me those awesome shoes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts