VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone share a great veggie recipe with me? Lately, all of my recipes seem to involve soy sauce. If I eat another vegetable medley with soy sauce, I think I will puke. Please let me know how I can spice up my diet. Does anyone have a good recipe for a veggie casserole? I'm dying here. Please help.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take all my left over veggies and mix them with Italian dressing and herbs...just anything to add some life. I then bake it until the veggies are just about soft. I then mix it up with whatever shredded cheese I have and pop it back in for a few minutes. If you want, you can make some noodles or rice on the side and mix it all up. Really good stuff here.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
also www.catteacorner.com has zillions of vegan recipes

but next time you do a stir fry type thing try using curry powder and spices instead of soy sauce, and rice noodles instead of rice. in a big deeeeeep frying pan, cook your veggies til they're still crisp but cooked, using whatever herbs and spices you want and a little oil, toss in your rice noodles (we're talking the really thin white noodles that look like angelhair. they're a pain to get out of the package but it's worth it) and add the curry powder and pour in some water, just to cover the veggies. mix it up gently til the noodles soften and keep stirring now and then til all the water is gone and the noodles are cooked. only takes a couple of minutes.

or boil the noodles in a seperate pot for about a minute, drain and add to the pan and fry for a couple minutes to make veggie fried noodles. yumm.

just experiment using different combos of veggies and seasonings and stuff.

another quick meal.. put small whole potatoes (pre cooked-boiled or use canned ones as is) in a deep pan with a couple tablespoons of water, some margarine, and your choice of herbs. lemon pepper is good, or rosemary and thyme, whatever you want. toss in chopped veggies of your choice, mushroom onion and carrots works, cover the pan and cook at about medium, flip the potatoes now and then. when they're browned all the way around and the veggies are cooked you're in business. you can do it in the oven too in a roasting pan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just vegan. And a new one at that. My mother gave me a good veggie casserole recipe that involves cheese, misc. veggies, and a ritz cracker topping. It's really good, but you get tired of the same thing over and over. Thanks for all the sites, that's helpful. Lady, thanks for the potato recipe - I am a sucker for taters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love this recipe... I've made it with both tofu and TVP chunks. They give it a different "feel" depending on which one you use.

If you have a crockpot, you can throw it all in and cook on low for 8 hours.

Tofu Veggie Stew

1 pound extra firm tofu

1 cup onion -- chopped

1 cup celery -- chopped

4 large carrot -- sliced

5 medium potato -- cubed

4 cups water

3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes

1/2 cup flour

5 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium

1 tablespoon vinegar

1/4 teaspoon thyme

1/4 teaspoon sage

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons vegan margarine or olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 375F.

2. put cubed tofu and veggies in an oven-proof casserole dish. Add all other ingredients and stir. Cover and bake until vegetables are tender and the sauce is thick, about 1 hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts