VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I'm a (primarily) vegan from central Wisconsin. I love love LOVE animals and would someday love to have my own animal sanctuary where rescued animals from farms and other abusive situations could live out their lives in peace and safety. I also enjoy oil painting and gardening.
 

·
Impeach the gangster
Joined
·
10,052 Posts
Hey, yous guys! Welcome to yous both! I'm in central Wisconsin too! I've been a member here since '04 and was convinced I was the only vegan in the cheese state. Great to see ya!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Hey, yous guys! Welcome to yous both! I'm in central Wisconsin too! I've been a member here since '04 and was convinced I was the only vegan in the cheese state. Great to see ya!
Good to see there are more of us out here on the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko View Post

Yes, sometimes a challenge being vegan in Wisconsin. I eat at home a lot!
I know what you mean, especially with all of the emphasis on brats and cheese curds around here. I'm not a native of Wisconsin, but I've lived out here for over 20 years, the longest anywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko View Post

Hey y'all! I'm a (primarily) vegan from central Wisconsin. I love love LOVE animals and would someday love to have my own animal sanctuary where rescued animals from farms and other abusive situations could live out their lives in peace and safety. I also enjoy oil painting and gardening.
Hello and welcome.

I also love animals and wish that they could enjoy peaceful and happy lives.

Your dream of having an animal sanctuary is about the best job in the world. I wish you luck and hope that some day it comes true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

Your dream of having an animal sanctuary is about the best job in the world. I wish you luck and hope that some day it comes true.
I know! I have no idea where I'd even begin with it. There are so many farm around where I live, and driving by I just dream about rescuing all the animals. And educating the "owners" that it doesn't have to be this way.

Today I was watching youtube videos about adopted pigs. For the last ten years, I've wanted to adopt a pig in the worst way. But I won't buy a "breed to be sold as a pet" animal, so I really don't know how to go about this. Or if I even could legally have one where I live. A girl can dream...


Edit: I just found this: http://www.pigplacementnetwork.com/findapiggy.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko View Post

I know! I have no idea where I'd even begin with it. There are so many farm around where I live, and driving by I just dream about rescuing all the animals. And educating the "owners" that it doesn't have to be this way.

Today I was watching youtube videos about adopted pigs. For the last ten years, I've wanted to adopt a pig in the worst way. But I won't buy a "breed to be sold as a pet" animal, so I really don't know how to go about this. Or if I even could legally have one where I live. A girl can dream...


Edit: I just found this: http://www.pigplacementnetwork.com/findapiggy.htm
I don't know where you live. However you could start by collecting information from the local council, pet shelters and posting on various forums.
I'm sure that there are many people out there that will give you valuable information on how to getting started.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top