VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
everyone is more than welcome to gather here in Hawaii with me...

I'm very serious about this. I've wanted to host a VB gathering for some time now...

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
yeah, it will prolly need to be regional...

we really don't have too many people in Hawaii, do we? RSJ is the closest to me in Cali, I think...

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PoesÃ*a

Unless you want to host us on our honeymoon. Tee hee! Actually, we haven't done much looking into the whole honeymoon thing but we did bookmark a website that looked really cool. Do you know if it? Here it is.

http://www.yogaoasis.org/home.html
Not only do I know of it, the owner is a good friend of mine. She keeps inviting me out, but I've never been able to make it. But I know the food is great, and the area is gorgeous!!!!!!!

look at this one seriously!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I not real sure when I'm gonna be on the mainland (it might not happen, gonna take luck and $$ to pull it off) but it'll probably be August/September... and lots to do while I'm there...

I'm totally into hooking up in Vancouver or San Jose (both? oohh... my imagination is overloading... ), I'm also planning on hitting Tulsa, and maybe Kansas... A lot of variables right now...

New York sounds like a cool place to meet!! You could drive out and see Soilman's garden!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Another board I frequent (not nearly so often since I found VB..
) www.konaweb.com has a monthly gathering in Kona (the other side of this island). I went once and met some wonderful people, some of whom I still see from time to time. I have a beautiful framed photo on my wall from one of these online friends. each of these monthly parties brings anywhere from 20 to 50 people (all of whom either live here or want to live here someday...) it's truly a great thing!

I can totally see us putting together small gatherings. All you have to do is set a date and stick to it. If everyone makes it, great! if not, theres always next years gathering... (the first annual PNW VB gathering is gonna be in August 2003 in Vancouver... for example...) Maybe the NE gathering will be in May, and the Smokie Mountain Jamboree would be the 4th of July. Throw a party, invite the rest of your friends, and the guests of honor get to be your visiting VB family...

(it's just another excuse for some great feasting!!
)

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
The futon is ready, there's new sheets on the hideabed, and the inflatable mattresses are pumped up. Let me know what day you're gonna be here, so I can string up some flower leis for you...

dead serious.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

I guess it would start with who would be willing to host people and where they are. From there people can pick which they'd like to go to.
exactly. Of course I'm always willing to host, but I'm quite aware that most people can't afford to fly out here. I certainly can't afford to fly back to the mainland anytime too soon... Although I would love to play around in NYC with a bunch of VB'ers!!

this is beginning to sound a little more realistic. I think we could seriously start a cool thing here...

Can't wait to meet everyone in person!!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Any event in Hawaii should prolly be in winter (so you guys can escape the cold) - however, the flights are much cheaper in the summer.... The beaches are better in the summer too, unless you want to surf, winter is the best surf... All that rough surf strips the sand off the beaches...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts