VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm still getting to know the site just wondering if anyone had any pointers? Also what exactly is the point of the site?(not to sound rude! Cause this site seems pretty awesome since I have no other friends that a Vegetarian/ Vegan) and one more question; why did you choose to be a Vegan or Vegetarian?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
VB is different things to different people. When I first joined I was looking for recipes and guidance in following a vegan diet. Ended up making some 'real friends'.

Some people come here for heated debates on a variety of subjects...others like the "fluff" in our Fun n Games threads. Then a lot probably fall somewhere in between. Your best bet is to browse the forums and see where you might fit in. Oh, yeah...
and welcome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! Basically what karenlovessnow said, it just depends on your own interests!
I initially joined because I was extremely interested in becoming a vegetarian and was looking for advice on what to do in regards to some parental issues with the diet. Now, I just like to browse interesting threads and contribute here and there. I'm sure you'll find your VB niche soon.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
The point of VeggieBoards is to form a community for veg*ns (vegetarians and vegans). Most of us don't have a lot of friends/family/support in the real world, so VB is a place to chat and have relationships with people who understand what life is like without meat.

I been vegetarian since 2000 and vegan since 2005. It's been a liberating transition and I can't imagine life eating animals anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charzardd. View Post

Hello everyone. I'm still getting to know the site just wondering if anyone had any pointers? Also what exactly is the point of the site?(not to sound rude! Cause this site seems pretty awesome since I have no other friends that a Vegetarian/ Vegan) and one more question; why did you choose to be a Vegan or Vegetarian?
Hello:) My name is Salena and the my reason of joining veggieboards is to meet vegetarians. i dont really know anybody vegetarian and sometimes i feel alone. So here i am to meet new people!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.