VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Jenna Cron and I am working on my Masters Project at Bowling Green State University. I want to learn more about why people choose a vegetarian diet and how it fits into their everyday lives. Please take my survey if you are a vegetarian. The survey will take about 5 minutes. Your participation in this study will benefit researchers and Dietitians by increasing their knowledge about vegetarians behaviors and dietary patterns. Please forward this survey to other vegetarians you know. If you have any questions about this research please email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your time!

Please click on the link below to begin the survey:

https://bgsuedhd.qualtrics.com/SE/?S...KMcItR6F0MfEva

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
There should be a "Research Survey" forum here on Veggieboards, because of the amount of these things which are posted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Done. Why do I love surveys so much?!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Some of the questions on these things either don't ever apply to me or are incredibly redundant from my point of view, but I did fill it out.

I loved the part about "does so and so's opinion influence how you want to behave?" and it listed tons of people from family and friends to health professionals. I voted "not at all" on all of those.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
These questions seems poorly worded...

Meat eating diets are: very bad... not sure... very good...

In what sense?

Also redundant...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

In what sense?

Also redundant...
agreed

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

In what sense?

Also redundant...
i was just thinking that.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Yeah, and harmful/beneficial to who? The redundancy thing is fine, most good surveys include some degree of redundancy. Just the wording of the questions is a problem.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I agree with what others have said re: redundancy and vagueness of the questions. Also, you say "such-and-such support a vegetarian diet" and then you have another question "such-and-such support a vegan diet." A vegan diet IS a vegetarian diet. You could add "non-vegan vegetarian diet" or lacto-ovo vegetarian diet" to be more clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks so much for completing my survey!!! If you haven't taken it yet, please do, it will only be available for another week. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Done, share your paper with us once written pl0x ^^

I join with the others, the questions are not good, there is a methodology, an order to follow ( and an order to avoid ) when doing surveys, in order to avoid manipulation and to avoid having the people leave, i strongly recommend to find a sociology teacher and ask him to quickly brief you on this, and if you intend to do another more serious research in your next years you will definitely need to work that out.

Adding some questions about activism and having a given major question about X subject seems also necessary to me.

Good idea nevertheless, i appreciate and respect and encourage ^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.