VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an MMA fan, but liked this:

Quote:
But in his training for the Penn fight, Fitch has come full circle. The top welterweight has joined a growing number of MMA stars who have committed to a vegetarian diet.
The list includes the next challenger for Georges St. Pierres welterweight title, Jake Shields, Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz, and two former Ultimate Fighter winners, Nate Diaz and Mac Danzig.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...etarians021711

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think it's really awesome, although I really don't know much about MMA, wrestling and such. (It's not very popular around here.) But I agree, they make good cases for those Hegans

Only this bit confused me:

Quote:
Neither fighter is vegan. Fitch said during his Penn camp he has been eating fish about once a week, although he went three straight weeks at one point with no animal products. Besides his milk-based protein powder, Shields regularly eats eggs.
Sooo... vegetarians eat fish, vegans don't?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mentioned this to a friend who was being a rude arsehole once. They were saying vegans were wimpy and effeminate. His reply to this was 'yea, but those guys are all macho *******s.' Some you just can't win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.