VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my homework tonight, and I had to create a paragraph using the given sentences...and the assignment was about vegetarianism....it was pretty exciting

though they did make a couple of stupid mistake...ie, called "catch-of-the-day rainbow trout" a "meatless meal" HA! It's not even a meal!

But anyways, I was having fun adding my own twist to the paragraph, ie: instead of "sacrifice burgers for broccoli" I wrote "enjoy broccoli over burgers"

Now for the big question, why did I post this?

I was excited by it...and wanted to share that not everyone is against vegetarianism apparently. This paragraph talked about how veggie meals can be nutritious, and won't deplete our resources like meat will....and who knows, maybe it will enlighten someone

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Our college cafeteria has these stupid little card things sitting on the tables that you can't help but read (kind of like the backs of cereal boxes). The original ones had tips for studying, college fitness, etc. They've added some new ones now about organic eating, and one whole side of the card is dedicated to vegetarianism. I was pretty surprised.

·
Registered
684 Posts
In my Health textbook, it has a lot of details about vegetarianism/veganism and how it can be an extremely healthy diet if followed correctly. It's awesome to see these kinds of things.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It seems like more and more nutritionalists are endorsing vegetarian meals or atleast 'drastically reducing' meat consumption.

It's a welcomed change that soon people might say, "oh, you're a vegetarian? you must be very healthy" When my mother was pregnant with me, her doctors were up in arms against her, saying that she was harming her baby by being a vegetarian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts