VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Veggie sushi is a great thing to pack in your lunch box. It's so easy to make and the ingredients are fairly cheap. Since you are vegetarian, you could make tamago (sweet egg sushi) or sushi rolls with things like rice, avocado, cucumber strips, carrot strips, or almost any veggie. I also put little marinated tofu chunks in my sushi.

Tomato cups stuffed with nut patte, sprouts, or salad ingredients are yummy and easy to throw together the night before. Hummus is also really good in tomato cups, or on sandwiches.

Lettuce or cabbage wraps make great wraps. Fill them up with things like avocado chunks, slivered veggies, crushed nuts, and make a peanut sauce to dip them in. I've brought the wraps in a lunch box before. I wrapped them in plastic wrap to keep them together. I made some peanut sauce and put it in these small containers I found at the .99 cent store. Peanut sauce is really easy to make and store ahead of time. You can also buy a premade bottled version at most grocery stores in the Asian section

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention. Another cool thing I found at the store in the organic pantry section was boxed Silk soymilks that are individual sized. They were fairly inexpensive and come three to a pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts