VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Anna I am 16 years old and I have been a vegetarian for 3 months now, I go to high school 5 days a week for the whole day and I play a sport so I have little time to meal prep. I am struggling finding food I can bring to school with me that is easy to make for myself. Any ideas? :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome Anna!

Do you have a little time on Sundays to make a batch of something for the week? You can make a batch of pasta salad with veggies, beans, and sundried tomatoes. Chop veggies while the pasta is cooking (10 mins) Add lots of oil from the sundried tomatoes to make sure it doesn't dry out. Pasta will also help with your stamina for your sports.

You can also invest in a thermos for soups, stews, oatmeal. And, of course, sandwiches. I'm starting to think about lunches at work too, as my maternity leave will soon be over. Best of luck!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Welcome Anna!

Do you have a little time on Sundays to make a batch of something for the week? You can make a batch of pasta salad with veggies, beans, and sundried tomatoes. Chop veggies while the pasta is cooking (10 mins) Add lots of oil from the sundried tomatoes to make sure it doesn't dry out. Pasta will also help with your stamina for your sports.

You can also invest in a thermos for soups, stews, oatmeal. And, of course, sandwiches. I'm starting to think about lunches at work too, as my maternity leave will soon be over. Best of luck!
Baby pics please :)

And great advice! That pasta salad sounds delish. I like the idea of the sundried tomatoes. :)

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I'm a student at a University and when I remember, pack a lunch. I stick with simple things: PB&J, bag of nuts, baby carrots with homemade ranch, salads (with chickpeas, carrots, and other filling toppings), mock tuna (mashed chickpeas with Just Mayo, relish, a little mustard, a little finely minced onion, salt, and pepper) on a sandwich, squeeze banana applesauce, apple, banana, grapes, stuff like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Anna!

Thank you so much! I will be doing this tomorrow super helpful :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a student at a University and when I remember, pack a lunch. I stick with simple things: PB&J, bag of nuts, baby carrots with homemade ranch, salads (with chickpeas, carrots, and other filling toppings), mock tuna (mashed chickpeas with Just Mayo, relish, a little mustard, a little finely minced onion, salt, and pepper) on a sandwich, squeeze banana applesauce, apple, banana, grapes, stuff like that.
Thanks, I didn't even know mock tuna existed!

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Thanks, I didn't even know mock tuna existed!
It's super easy to make. You just make it like you would an egg salad sandwich, but mash up chickpeas. I made it for my bridal shower and served it with crackers. It's like a mix between egg salad and tuna salad. It's better if it sits in the fridge overnight, then you can adjust it to your liking.

I just use a tiny squirt of mustard and add lots of relish (I LOVE relish).

http://www.food.com/recipe/mock-tuna-salad-chickpea-salad-87187

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
This is the sandwich I'll be making again for Monday. It's Follow Your Heart vegan cheese, Field Roast Lentil Sage deli slices (my favorite, unfortunately I have to drive 2 hours to get them), shredded lettuce (I buy it pre-shredded for ease), tomatoes, Just Mayo, mustard, and pickle on a hoagie roll. I'll put the sauces on the side to avoid sogginess. There are a lot of fake meat deli slices you can try or if they're too pricey/not your thing, you can just load your sub with veggies. Cucumber, spinach, onion, bell pepper, yellow sandwich chilis, etc. You could try different kinds of cheese too (regular or vegan). I'm a provolone fan, cheddar is good too. Italian dressing is good on sandwiches. I'm not the biggest sandwich fan, but occasionally I load one up and love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you so much! I will be doing this tomorrow super helpful :)
Anna, let me know how it works out for you!

Baby pics please :)
Well, she's getting to be more of a toddler now, she will be walking soon! But here's a pic of my girl and one of my boy spinning her in the pool <3

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts