VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay many of you know me from the "Oh My Gosh Meet your Meat" thread. I've been vegetarian for 3 days now. I was vegetarian a while back and it only lasted for about 2 months. Ive started up again and many of you know i'm on the fence still about this veggie thing. I haven't told anybody that i'm going on a vegetarian diet and so far nobody has noticed unlike when i started when i told everybody and everyday was hasseled about it. So lets see how long i can do this, i'll let you know how its going and see how long i can do this without anybody noticing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaliv3 View Post

I haven't told anybody that i'm going on a vegetarian diet and so far nobody has noticed unlike when i started when i told everybody and everyday was hasseled about it. noticing.
Eventually people will probably notice and maybe hassle you about it. Just try to ignore them.
Good luck!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can understand not wanting to broadcast it until you've made it from a thing you're trying out to something a part of your daily routine. Sometimes it's easier to just concentrate on what you're trying to do when you know everyone's not watching you looking for slipups or trying to pull the typical omni "tempt you with meat" thing.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Luck. Ask us for witty come backs when people do start to find out, I think there's a whole thread of them somewhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaliv3 View Post

Okay many of you know me from the "Oh My Gosh Meet your Meat" thread. I've been vegetarian for 3 days now. I was vegetarian a while back and it only lasted for about 2 months. Ive started up again and many of you know i'm on the fence still about this veggie thing. I haven't told anybody that i'm going on a vegetarian diet and so far nobody has noticed unlike when i started when i told everybody and everyday was hasseled about it. So lets see how long i can do this, i'll let you know how its going and see how long i can do this without anybody noticing.
Good Luck!

As for people hassling you, this was the hardest part of of the switch for me, but they settle down if you dont react (not that I can say I didnt but when I stopped reacting they reduced their little comments) it doesnt stop completely, but it becomes more bearable.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Good luck.

About being hasseled. That might be something you just might have to get through. It will stop when people see that is just who you are. I'm sorry it was like that for you. It gets better though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
go go

if you're used to a lot of meats, be sure to eat a lot of mock meats, or peanut butters and cheese. Let your body adjust as easily as it can, by making the new foods as similar as possible to the old foods

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good luck to you (and to me!) just tell people you are making healthier choices for yourself and that getting meat out of your diet is one of the steps you have decided to take! Usually if you tell people you are trying to be healthier they will back off as opposed to bringing up the animals since they seem to go into defense mode and start saying all the crap about "well just you not eating them isn't gonna save them all!" etc....

So say it is for your health and maybe even tell a fib and say your doctor suggested it for you!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good luck! I wonder if anyone will actually notice until you refuse to eat meat in front of them. My family and I eat veggie meals every day (even the non-veggies of us) and barely even notice there's no meat in it. Even my Dad, who would never be a vegetarian. Have fun, let us know how it goes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts