VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Whole Foods a few days ago and, on a lark, decided to try a new frozen fake meat item. I don't normally like frozen fake meat dishes because they are usually too bland or the texture is awful.

But this was a wonderfule surprise! They are from Vegetarian Plus and are excellent. Unlike the Gardenburger Riblets, these have a fantastic texture and they aren't pressed into that weird "ribs" shape (I hate that..it's so creepy looking). The sauce is a VERY spicy plum vinegar and the rib cutlets are big chunks. At first I thought they had to be a wheat-meat because the texture was so good, but they are soy based. I am completely addicted to them now! Over rice, with mixed grilled veggies, in a pita sandwich...these are excellent.

FWIW, they AREN't vegan - they contain whey protein. I also tried the chicken drumsticks with curry dipping sauce which were really good, too. I got them at Whole Foods in the frozen section. If you want to see more info about them, go here: http://www.vegeusa.com/Product4.html

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I really wanted to post this somewhere, I couldn't figure out where was appropriate and I wasn't going to start a thread for it. You mentioned whole foods, so this is relevant. I bought a bucket (ok, small bucket) of ice cream at whole foods today, i believe the brand is "Temptation" it's vegan. It's mint chocolate chip. It's AWESOME.

That is all. Carry on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts