VeggieBoards banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatofu View Post

That was a pretty good movie but in the end, IIRC, you felt like nothing was resolved.

Anyway that girl in Jurassic Park played a lousy vegetarian. She ate Jello. Michael Chrichton is a dick anyway. It's only a matter of time before he end of on Fox News or as Lou Dobson's running mate. ;-)
Michael Crichton is dead.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Sheldon Mopes in Death to Smoochy is seen eating some veg*n version of hot dogs, and after Nora has befriended him, Rainbow ****ing Randolph notices there's no meat in Nora's fridge, I dunno what it means.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

Oh, and how could I forget Delicatessen, a French comedy about a future world where meat is scarce, and meat eaters resort to cannibalism (in a morbidly funny way... you gotta see it). Anyway, the main character is a vegetarian who stumbles into this bizarro apartment complex full of carnivores, and then the fun begins. Awesome film by the director who did Amelie.
Awesome, awesome movie.

The underground guerilla fighters, the Troglodists, were all vegetarians too. I'm sure the daughter was a vegetarian as well. I couldn't see her whining about dad butchering her handyman boyfriends then gnaw on a knuckle the next. I think the new "tenants" were their only source of meat if snail man downstairs didn't share some of his pets.

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
igby's lady friend in igby goes down is a vegetarian.

"are you a vegetarian?"

"how did you guess?"

"vegetarians always roll perfect joints. carnivores roll thick meaty joints, where as vegetarians roll perfect slim ones."

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Sheldon Mopes in Death to Smoochy is seen eating some veg*n version of hot dogs, and after Nora has befriended him, Rainbow ****ing Randolph notices there's no meat in Nora's fridge, I dunno what it means.
I love Death to Smoochy

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

igby's lady friend in igby goes down is a vegetarian.

"are you a vegetarian?"

"how did you guess?"

"vegetarians always roll perfect joints. carnivores roll thick meaty joints, where as vegetarians roll perfect slim ones."
Love that movie!

I roll better than anyone I know, so it must be true.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Ah, Sheldon Mopes, one of my all time favourite veg*n characters. I first saw this movie when I was pretty young and for some reason him recommending the veggie dog with 'spirulina and a little almond butter' is hammered into my brain, probably because I had no idea what spirulina or almond butter were at the time. I enjoyed the song he did about the vegan cookies too. (The ones that tragically got turned into.... rocket ships..... by Rainbow Randolph)

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but in the version of Dr. Dolittle with Rex Harrison, he's totally a vegetarian. He does a whole song and dance about it. Hilarious stuff.

Lyrics:

The day that I became a veterinarian

I had a sudden overwhelming wish

To be a pure and simple vegetarian

And give up eating all that meat and fish

Little boy: I think that's marvelous!

Friend: Meat is very unhealthy for you! (while eating a sausage)

Yes, so now I live on healthy food instead

Like apple cores and parsnip juice and chunks of plain brown bread

When I see my fellow man consuming sirloin steak

And I find myself enjoying tea and dundy cake

There is really only one conclusion I can make

I'm a devoted vegetarian

When my host at dinner offers succulent roast beef

Proudly I refuse it, people stare in disbelief

Lost in admiration as I nibble on a leaf

A very noted vegetarian

Wouldn't even eat horseradish in case it upset the horses..

I stay away from deviled ham on principle

I wouldn't eat roast duckling if I could

Willpower has made me invincible

(My word those sausages look good...)

Where has my dinner gone? They've done it again! (the animals have stolen his dinner)

Just because I eat this instead of eating them, they think they can take advantage of me!

You've no idea what I put up with on their account!

I eat every flowering shrub there is except for gorse

Sometimes I get luxuries like beetroot leaves of course

My life's much the same as that of any English horse

Why should I be a vegetarian?!

Turnip pie and peanuts, that is all the filth I eat!

Any sort of rubbish that is wholesome and discreet

Why can't I admit that my hypocrisy's complete?

If I should live to be a centenarian

Become our most adored humanitarian

I'll never make a decent vegetarian

I'm a cheat, I love meat, I'm a cheat, yes I am!

I love red, bloody juicy chunks of meat, legs of lamb!

Sides of beef with chops and steaks and veal and pork of course my favorite meal! (grabbing up a piglet)

...And then I hear poor Gub-gub squeal...

Oh me...oh my...a reluctant but sincere vegetarian...am I...

[I totally relate to this. Lol...]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myria View Post

Temperance Brennen, the main character from Bones, is a vegetarian (and Emily Deschanel is a vegan, I believe).
I have never seen the show but have read a few series of Temperance Brennen and I can tell you that Temp from the books is not vegetarian

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeen View Post

I have never seen the show but have read a few series of Temperance Brennen and I can tell you that Temp from the books is not vegetarian
She is in the show, but only for health reasons.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
What about including television series characters? Or is there a separate thread for that? It's been mentioned that one of the daughters in the "Roseanne" show is vegetarian- I can't remember whether the actress who played her was or not- but in the TV scifi series, "War Of The Worlds", the scientist who heads the group fighting the aliens is vegetarian.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Is there a thread for TV characters too?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Is there a thread for TV characters too?
Probably not, but I see no reason why we can't use this thread to discuss TV characters as well.

With a new TV season coming up in the fall, there is the potential for new veg*an characters to turn up on the tube, although I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myria View Post

Temperance Brennen, the main character from Bones, is a vegetarian (and Emily Deschanel is a vegan, I believe).
According to Wikipedia, Emily Deschanel is a vegan.

Quote:
Deschanel is a vegan and a committed supporter of animal rights causes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Deschanel

I think she is exquisitely beautiful (most of the time--excepting a few instances where her eye makeup was overdone and she looked like Rocky Racoon).

However, I decline to worship her or make her into some sort of guru. If she started chowing down on a hamburger tomorrow, my world would not come to an end.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts