VeggieBoards banner

Vegetarian Butcher Shop Chain Grows in the Netherlands as Meat Demand Drops

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  peace 
#1 ·
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2011/09/19/v...-demand-drops/

Quote:
The Vegetarian Butcher is a butcher shop, but you wont find any meat there. The stores offer a wide selection of faux meats. According to VegNews, the chain now includes 30 stores which offer chicken, bacon, gyros, sausage among other vegetarian and vegan products. Founder Niko Koffeman says the company is looking to provide alternatives to meat from animals but also food that is more sustainable. Animal cruelty is one reason, but also a growing concern for sustainability, Koffeman says. After all, meat production is highly inefficient.
"The Vegetarian Butcher" is a pretty hilarious name

See less See more
#6 ·
That's so awesome! My family, on my dad's side, are from the Netherlands, and I've always wanted to visit, now I want to visit just to go there! The Rauw Gehakt/Raw Meat is so interesting, it looks and is packaged just like real raw meat, I wish there was something like that sold here so I could trick my omni family into buying it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.