VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I found this forum some minutes ago and decided to sign up and ask you for help on a project that's very important for me

I am a vegetarian for many years and i am planning to go vegan soon.

As i am running a web agency i decided to use every free minute of my workers and myself to build a website and an APP that will help all veggies to find vegetarian and vegan restaurants world wide. We started this project about 1 year back and we will do everything possible to launch the website until the end of the year - but as you might imagine the project turned out to be a lot more work in the end than we expected.

So far we were able to add about 1850 restaurants to the database and we launched the first version of the free iPhone APP (Vegman) some time back. Surprisingly Apple decided to promote the APP and so we got more than 60.000 downloads already.

At the moment we are working on APP version 2 (for iPhone and Android) and we are implementing user profiles and a review functionality to the website.

I would be very happy if you could help us by telling us about your favorite vegetarian and vegan restaurants and we will do everything to add them to the database as soon as possible. It would be nice if you could use the contact form of the website http://www.vegman.org/ or just post the restaurant's names and cities on our Facebook wall.

Please be sure that you only post purely vegetarian or vegan restaurants as we are not listing veg friendly restaurants.

All other feedback is also highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Good luck with your apps! I would like the android one
Happycow.net has lots of veg restaurants listed, you could look there too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi LedBoots. Thank you for your answer, but copying anything from happy cow is not an option. I would not be able to sleep well if we would do so. I love happy cow and i have a lot of respect for the builders of that website. I also used the happy cow app when i was traveling but too many times the restaurants that i found were already closed down

That's one of the many reasons why we decided to build a "many to many" platform that will allow users to edit the content of the database themselves. We are not sure if this will work out but we decided to give it a try.

(I will tell the developers that LedBoots needs the Android app as soon as possible.
)

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Thank you, I will await my app!

I agree about happycow, I love them and didn't mean to suggest you steal or anything. :0 I didn't know they were on mobile; I have just used them on the web, especially while travelling. And I call the restaurant first because I have run into closures, too.

I will post some of my fave restaurants later on

Ok, most recent, Consciousness Blossoms in Palm Harbor, Florida. Vegetarian with many vegan options, great breakfast/brunch. It is pretty cheap, nice staff, and fantastic tofu scramble!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much for all your help and feedback. I really enjoy working with veggies - its different

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.