VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so im a new vegetarian. Decided to become a vegetarian basically cause im sick of my own body lol which means i have a lot of skin condition such as acnes, strong body odor and yeah you read the title.. HPV (if you're single and on tinder/okc DELETE THAT **** NOW! HPV is the number one common STD that people can get through skin contacts... condoms dont help). I'm writing this thread is basically to share my experience, so no judgment.

I've been diagnosed of genital warts since 6 months ago, and i had my treatment from the dermatologist. They fade away but not completely and even a week of missing my appointment with the doctor i can feel them growing back. They stressed me out cause i wasnt on health insurance and i never know when will i need to stop the treatment cause they keep growing back.
Since its a virus, they said i need to boost my immune system. Im a physically active person, i exercise every day and i dont eat lot of junk foods. One thing i finally realized is that i hardly eat vegetables, i mean i eat them everyday but only during lunch and in a lil amount. I decided to go pescetarian and ate **** loads of seafood. My vagina got worse, keep noticing more warts and yeast infection...urrrghh.
I finally set my 'gym-rat-carnivore' ego aside and going vegetarian. I put greens to every meal, fruits as snack everyday, just lots of vegetables. A week passed and my yeast infection is gone. 2 weeks passed and the warts are gone, like completely. This feels like magic to me hahaha cause being a vegetarian never crossed my mind at all.

Besides the warts, im also a long sufferer of acnes. I hope this lifestyle will help my skin look better cause im a huge believer of you are what you eat.
Ive also realized that not only you killing those animals by eating meat, you also take those dangerous GMO and put them in your body that can cause abnormal discharge or infertility( not an expert but my friend told me of how she get pregnant right away from years of trying after she stopped eating meat).
All im saying is that, this is the best decision ive ever made in my life and i love being a vegetarian.

Any of you has experienced big changes in your body since you become a vegetarian/vegan?
Please do share cause i just need vegetarian friends in my life lol

·
Lifelong vegetarian
2,617 Posts
It seems like a lot of rubbish wants to leave your body, but not through the normal way. If you start to be vegetarian, try to eat pure vegetables, no food from the factory.

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Hi lifnisanders,

Mercy For Animals has a beautifully-written Vegetarian Starter Guide: http://www.mercyforanimals.org/files/VSG.pdf

On page 7, it summarizes vegetarian nutrition. On pages 11-13, there are very easy meal ideas.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is great that you are noticing an improvement in your health since going vegetarian!

I have been a vegan for 18 years, which was before I was sexually active/trying to conceive/etc so can't comment on that aspect. I did have terrible eczema as a child though that 100% cleared up after going vegan. I'm guessing dairy had something to do with it since I've always been sensitive to dairy products.

·
Veggie Recycler
556 Posts
Yes, you can also douche with a homemade mixture of warm water and a few spoonfuls of ACV (apple cider vinegar) ...or one spoonful of tea tree oil (tea tree is stronger, take it easy)...these can treat minor vaginal issues without chemicals. Just don't over-do it because it can cause dryness and more problems. Use it just enough to treat the issue.

You can also wash your face in coconut oil and warm water, once a week adding baking soda to make a facial scrub, then apply tea tree oil to individual acne spots. Neem oil is good for acne, but it has a strong smell. Argon oil is a good natural moisturizer just a couple drops at night, won't cause more acne.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Douching is not recommended.

"Most doctors recommend that women do not douche. Douching can change the necessary balance of vaginal flora (bacteria that live in the vagina) and natural acidity in a healthy vagina.

A healthy vagina has good and harmful bacteria. The balance of bacteria helps maintain an acidic environment. The acidic environment protects the vagina from infections or irritation.

Douching can cause an overgrowth of harmful bacteria. This can lead to a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. If you already have a vaginal infection, douching can push the bacteria causing the infection up into the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. This can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious health problem.

Douching is also linked to other health problems." Continues here:
http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/douching.html

·
Chaotic Vegetarian
173 Posts
When I stopped eating meat I finally was able to smell odours. I don't know if it came from the change or if it was just me entering adulthood (I was around 21). Also my skin went better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts