VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting here, (I work from home), and I just figured out how free I was. Free from agonizing what's for dinner...easy, grill up whatever is in the vegetable bin, and throw some barbecue sauce on it. Free from a diet clinic...I won't be going back, if I have to eat meat, or drink milk. Nope. Free from it. Free even worrying about a cholesterol count in food. Free from even being concerned about dieting in the first place, cause avoidance of animal products, weightloss will come.

And on top of that, this opens up a kajillion ways to cook vegetable products. A year and a half ago when I was guided to go vegetarian, it seemed to be a big pain, and expensive. It would still be expensive, but Trader Joe's just opened, and it's not expensive. And, I can look at an animal, once again, as the beautiful creature he is, realizing that my leather Birkenstocks were his or her gift to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a nurse, but I've also studied, and became an Akashic Record's practitioner, and studied with Sonia Choquette. So, during the meditation part of our hot yoga, or any meditation I do, I get so deep into my soul, that I see my guides.I've activated my third eye, so I'm very attuned to things. The other day, I saw a cow. the first year I became vegetarian, one night, I was asleep, and started seeing the eyes of all the animals. That was a couple of years ago. Then, the diet (I should've walked out of the clinic the minute they said I had to eat meat. I didn't have the willpower for it.) So, one day, in yoga, I felt my appetite shift,and during mediation, I saw the eyes of the animals.

But the other day, in meditation, I saw a cow, she was so beautiful, and shiny, and if this sounds weird, so be it. I saw something on youtube, of a cow and something awful that I'm not talking about here,and I felt the pain of that cow. It almost made me cry. That was last night. My grandpa was a farmer, just for his food, and he treated the animals well. He had a very large garden,and sold at farmer's market. Took the meat to the butchers. There were cows he would never kill. So I grew up on that meat. No hormones in the meat, no abuse. Alot different now. ...I wear Birkenstocks, (god, such a tree hugger deadhead) and also leather shoe innersoles, and I had a visualization that the leather in my shoes and my innersoles were a gift, and it's okay. I knit, and I saw a sheep saying, Wheww,I was hot, thanks for the hair cut.

I know where I get my yarn from, and it's a happy place. So it's like, this morning, I realized, wow, all I have to do about dinner, for myself (not my 4 meat eating family....though.) is to throw something together. Tonight it was easy. Seiten barbequed...with a red bell pepper and daiyo cheese. They had hamburgers. It's my 20 year old son, my 80 year old mom,and my 89 year old stepdad. I know they won't eat seitan. I cooked it for them, no biggie. but sometimes, my mom and stepdad, get stuck eating the vegan stuff, if I happen to be making veggie burgers to freeze, ha. And it was this morning I realized how easy it is. Except for not finding seitan at the store, but I had no time to make it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.