VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm definitely into arts and crafts. I just bought the motherload of studs to put on my leather faux leather jacket. I'm bound to have some (a couple hundred) left, and need to do something with them. So I think to myself, "I should make bracelets with them." I'm thinking something along the links of vegetan bracers, something like these. Of course I could buy one, but I have to DIY everything. So something I'm unable to find is sheets of vegetan leather. I searched everywhere, and all I could find was flimsy vinyl and pleather, as opposed to what is used in real bracelets and shoes, which really has the feel and consistency of leather. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy sheets of vegetan or something along those lines?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
at first i thought this was a thread on yet another new veg* label.

vegan> vegetan > vegetarian ?

on topic, i dont know of any faux leather suppliers but Rawganique sells hemp and organic cotton fabric.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

at first i thought this was a thread on yet another new veg* label.

vegan> vegetan > vegetarian ?

on topic, i dont know of any faux leather suppliers but Rawganique sells hemp and organic cotton fabric.
actually, vegsource.com tried to coin that word to mean someone who was a dietary vegan but ate honey a few years ago

clearly they weren't successful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent_twinkie View Post

I searched everywhere, and all I could find was flimsy vinyl and pleather
I'm sorry can't help you with that vegetan... but that vinyl and/or pleather sounds perfect for some projects I want to do! hehe I've been looking for vinyl and having trouble finding it. Can you give me the links?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Couldn't you just buy some faux leather belts and use those to make bracelets? Or if you're really desperate, go to a department store and buy a faux leather purse. Maybe a 2nd hand store will have some cheap.

HTH,

~Wonder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowsville View Post

I'm sorry can't help you with that vegetan... but that vinyl and/or pleather sounds perfect for some projects I want to do! hehe I've been looking for vinyl and having trouble finding it. Can you give me the links?
denverfabrics.com/pages/static/faux-leather.htm

That one is pretty good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are all good ideas, i should try those. It pisses me off that when you search "Faux Leather Sheets" or something like that you get five hundred thousand sponsored links for "Quality Tanned Hides". Ah well. I'll figure something out. I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently, studsandspikes.com is a reseller of vegetan "leather". You just have to email them with an order, it isn't available on their storefront.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent_twinkie View Post

denverfabrics.com/pages/static/faux-leather.htm

That one is pretty good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are all good ideas, i should try those. It pisses me off that when you search "Faux Leather Sheets" or something like that you get five hundred thousand sponsored links for "Quality Tanned Hides". Ah well. I'll figure something out. I'll let you guys know.
Thanks Twinkie!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts