VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Depends. If the cow brain came from someone locally who has some meadows and produces organic cows brains, if her cows are NOT ever hurt, if it is a tiny endeavor and serves mostly friends and family, if she does it because she loves cows and loves cow brains then do I not eat that cow brain just because if I do it will ruin my precious title of "vegan"?

No.

I eat it to degrade myself on national TV and win a cool $50,000 and appreciate how it is gotten.

I honestly do not see the ethical issue in this case. You can't prove to me cows feel pain.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
0 Posts
have any of you ever visited a apiary? (not a commercial one, mind you)

I will continue to eat non-commercially raised honey and still consider myself vegan. no "society" will tell me how to define my lifestyle.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compassionate1 View Post

I consider myself a Christian.

Now, I only:

Kill people who had it coming,

Covet my neighbor's wife if she's not real attractive,

Pray to all my other gods (really they're just unwitting strangers) before I pray to God,

Steal cars from the wealthy,

Cheat on my wife (but it's with her sister),

Take the Lord's name in vain (in a daily "cleansing" ritual),

Dishonor my mom and dad (by publicly flogging them),

Can't quite seem to remember when the sabbath is (I really do have to get a PDA),

Lie to everyone (in fact none of the above is true and I am not male, I'm actually a Sub-Saharan Mongoose),

and constantly make graven images (okay, I'll be honest, I don't know what that is).

(And sometimes I combine all of those activities into one outstanding party)

I'm not going to let any "church" or "bible" tell me I'm not a Christian.
the difference is, if you do all those things, and consider yourself a Christian, then you'll go to hell.

what can the "vegan society" do to me?

there are a kajillion different definitons of vegan. you get to decide what kind of vegan you want to be and what vegan means to you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compassionate1 View Post

Ah yes, but you've apparently not heard of Dante's little known 10th ring (and no it is not my cousin Dante from the Bronx who wears lots of rings, has lots of chest hair, and makes clicking sounds while firing his imaginary six shooters) that is reserved for vegans who are, in fact, not.

That's classic, right there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts