VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vegans can now eat insects, as they are not animals -

They also have no capacity to feel pain or suffer -

so rejoice vegans! we finally have a source of protein!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

what if its cow brain night though?

hmm
Right!! Or pig anus night
. It always amazed me that people would eat ******* for a chance at a measly $50,000

Fear factor definitely answered the age old question of "what would you do for a million dollars". It showed us that people will do anything for a whole lot less lol.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

what if its cow brain night though?

hmm
Depends. If the cow brain came from someone locally who has some meadows and produces organic cows brains, if her cows are NOT ever hurt, if it is a tiny endeavor and serves mostly friends and family, if she does it because she loves cows and loves cow brains then do I not eat that cow brain just because if I do it will ruin my precious title of "vegan"?

No.

I eat it to degrade myself on national TV and win a cool $50,000 and appreciate how it is gotten.

I honestly do not see the ethical issue in this case. You can't prove to me cows feel pain.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenfire View Post

It always amazed me that people would eat ******* for a chance at a measly $50,000
In the case of most of the contestants I have seen in Fear Factor that would be considered cannibalism...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Depends. If the cow brain came from someone locally who has some meadows and produces organic cows brains, if her cows are NOT ever hurt, if it is a tiny endeavor and serves mostly friends and family, if she does it because she loves cows and loves cow brains then do I not eat that cow brain just because if I do it will ruin my precious title of "vegan"?

No.

I eat it to degrade myself on national TV and win a cool $50,000 and appreciate how it is gotten.

I honestly do not see the ethical issue in this case. You can't prove to me cows feel pain.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Word. When I was a vegan, back in the day, I ate insects (cochineal/carmine) because as you said they have no pain consciousness, so who cares that they're in kingdom animalia...so are sponges and oysters.

ETA: I gather this thread is just a chance for dogmatic vegans to mock ethical vegans. ?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenfire View Post

Right!! Or pig anus night
. It always amazed me that people would eat ******* for a chance at a measly $50,000
Considering that people pay money to eat hot dogs and chitlins which are practically the same thing, it sure doesn't surprise me that they'd do it for a chance to win money.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Considering that people pay money to eat hot dogs and chitlins which are practically the same thing, it sure doesn't surprise me that they'd do it for a chance to win money.
LOL very good point!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Cheers!

TJ
excellent.

/clap

1 - 20 of 54 Posts