VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you might have seen the bumper sticker 'vegetarians taste better', so...

just a question to throw out there.....i had a previous partner tell me that i, umm, 'tasted' better than any of her previous partners, and she said that it was probably because i was superVegan.

anyone have similar experiences? or comments? do vegans taste better than vegetarians, etc.?

just wondering what you guys think..

thanks,

g

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hmm im not sure about vegan vs vegetarian but i think heavy meat based diets dont do much for taste. it could be coincidence. ive never read anything conclusive to back that up. i wonder if there are any articles or info on that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have been told that I taste pretty damn amazing by a few different people. They (and I) seem to believe it is due to my lifestyle.

The one vegan male I used to "date", tasted great, almost like raspberries.

People who smoke and drink a lot taste horrible, very sour, yucky!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ya, I think a lot of what comes out through the pores in your body has to do with what you put into it. My ex-husband, although vegetarian at the time, ate a lot of fresh onions. Thus, he didn't smell or taste too great.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
my husband always smells and tastes like fish. makes me crazy. he eats so much fish that everyting about him smells like fish.

and he doesn't even like fish. he only eats it because he thinks that it is necessary for his health.

i've put a hold on many of ht ephysical things thta we used to do because his fish consumption is so great that i just can't stand it. I hate the smell, i hate the taste--and since he seems to at least smell like it, it's hard for me to be around his skin.

hopefully, he'll tone down on the fish soon.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
zoebird, turn your hub on to flax seed and flax meal. They have the omegas that the fish does, but it's better for you since it's plant based and not animal based. The omegas get into the system faster, and work better than their "scale-infested" counterparts (but that's another thread...).

Yes, it's true that veg*ns taste better. I can tell that when Hub eats lots of veggies and fruits vs when he eats like "super-omni". A diet of veggies, fruits and no junk food gives the taste a sweet quality. Almost like candy or a sweet, smooth liqueor. And the "musky" smell is addictive. When he eats omni stuff, he tastes bitter and salty and that musk has a funk that seems like he hasn't touched bar of soap to that thing in months even though he really showers 2-3 times per day, every day.

I've always had a theory that animal products make the body work harder, pulls more out of the system to work that way which somehow makes the taste go icky (maybe because the animal stuff sits in the system going ranky while it's being processed and digested? I don't know). Cigs will do this too, and so will excessive alchohol. Anything bad for the body will throw the taste off and anything good for the body will make the taste better.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I've only dated omni's and a couple that were NOT healthy in the least--lots of cigarettes, lots of meat, no veggies, too much caffeine, etc.--and it tasted fine to me. It's not like I want to drink a gallon of the stuff every morning for breakfast, but there was nothing terribly unpleasant about it.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
hee hee!

I have a bumper sticker about that, too!

Um, I don't really know. But I'd like to think it's a valid theory, given that consuming certain foods can affect the taste. Pineapple is supposed to have a very pleasant effect.

And on the other end of things, smokers supposedly are more likely to have a bitter taste, and given the scent of cigarette smoke, I can believe it.

(No offense to any smokers out there, but I dislike the smell of smoke.)

·
Registered
927 Posts
This is a totally fascinating thread.

I feel a deep and urgent need to obrtain vast quantities of data on the subject, so that I can post a definitive answer.

Funding or no, I'm ready to go to work on this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hahaha Seusomon...when I saw that another thread was started on this subject I felt deja vu. Did a search but couldn't find it.

I bet it's scientifically true though. I've notice a certain body odor that comes from people that eat flesh. It's not really revolting, but it's not a pleasant smell either. I can't describe it. Anyhow, if I can smell it, it makes sense to me that I would be able to taste it too.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.