VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Animal Planet's "A Pet Story" featured 2 people, both wearing shirts that clearly state 'Vegan' on them, that saved 2 ducks from a place that raised ducks in an incredably disgusting environment. The ducks were suffering from crippling deformaties and these people, with help from a veteranarian helped them through physical therapy and found them a new home in which they were allowed to swim, bathe, flap their wings, and be happy.

The guy also wore a shirt that had www.tryveg.com on it.

This made me sooo excited.. just imagine all of the people who watched that show and decided to check out the site on his shirt!
Woohoo for good publicity.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I like the Compassion Over Killing organization. They offer these cool restaurant cards you can give places encouraging them to offer vegan meals (and heir dog paw t-shirt is great).

It's great that their tryveg.com site got the publicity - I hope they get many more hits.

·
Registered
219 Posts
stellar

Hey! I saw that episode too! It was on yesterday at my house. I was so excited when I saw it too. They seemed so kind, and I think it was such a great idea to wear their shirts like that to get the message out! I felt bad for the ducks, but I was so happy that they got to live in that nice little pond together. Those conditions were just horrible for those ducks. I felt the urge to save some animals from a factory farm too, but I imagine that it would be very emotionally and financially struggling.

dvmarie

I love COK too. They are a really great org. I think of them as a much lessar degree of PETA. They are definitely one of my favorite organizations, because they do such positive work, and their site is very helpful. At a vegan bakery in DC called Sticky Fingers, I saw a sign on the front from COK saying that the bakery was approved by them. It was very cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.