VeggieBoards banner

veganism and the college campus

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  rawgirl 
I'm not in college, but the one that I'm 99% sure I'm going to in the fall has a decent amount of vegan options. I'm not sure if its actually marked in the cafeteria, but on the website everything is clearly labeled as vegan or vegetarian and even the nutritional value is available.

However I do understand where you're coming from though, the community college by me considers chicken to be vegetarian, if you're vegan I think the only thing available is a sandwich with lettuce & tomatoes. I agree that if you have to play for a meal plan, they should have a decent selection of food you're able to eat.

You should try talking with someone, because not everyone wants to eat junky, greasy food in college, and vegan foods could benefit many people by being a healthy option (in general, I know not all vegan food is healthy). The school I want to go to has a dietitian that people can talk to about their restrictions and they help you and stuff if you need it, maybe yours has one too? Good luck. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.