VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in colonizing another planet to start a new vegan world?

If anyone knows any multi-billionaires with access to advanced interplanetary transportation and bio-sphere technology, please speak up.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Good idea! Would you consider terraforming? And should we aim for a planet in our own solar system, or should we go further?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Good idea! Would you consider terraforming? And should we aim for a planet in our own solar system, or should we go further?
I think we should go further. Then we can put up a galaxy-wide non-vegan-foods-ban in our snug little galaxy
How about the Horsehead Nebula? It's got an animal name

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Let's have a race to see which happens first: Humans successfully colonizing another world or Earth becoming completely vegan. I think both will take a few hundred years.

--Fromper

·
Registered
147 Posts
it would be lovely.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Can we pick a planet that doesn't get hot. If it were up to me it would never get above 72 degrees. I'd rather it be 5 degrees than 85 degrees. I could start the "New" New England" on the Vegan planet.

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Vegan View Post

Can we pick a planet that doesn't get hot. If it were up to me it would never get above 72 degrees. I'd rather it be 5 degrees than 85 degrees. I could start the "New" New England" on the Vegan planet.
Then how are you planning to grow soy?

·
Registered
908 Posts
We need something with nice, stable climate zones for everyone. And huge libraries. I won't go if there's not at least one massive library every 5km. And hoola hoops!

·
Registered
566 Posts
aww...wow...this place sounds so PEACEFUL!
I wanna go! I wanna go! I want to work a banana plantation! Just like the one I went to in Cuba! Eveything by hand and all!
And there'll be pretty flowers everywhere!! And no cars with paved roads so as not to kill animals accidentally that way! Maybe we can have blimps instead of planes so as not to hurt the birds! And only hemp-based plastics!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjesta View Post

We need something with nice, stable climate zones for everyone. And huge libraries. I won't go if there's not at least one massive library every 5km. And hoola hoops!
Lol. And what would we put in the library? A bunch of literature from earth?

And I agree with the 5 degrees. We'll grow the soy indoors. Solar panels and wind turbines to power the lights inside
5 degrees year round so we can ski everyday. Maybe a planet where the days are only 12 hours long? 5 hours of sunlight a day.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azerea_02 View Post

Hmm...not a big fan of skiing, or snow, or cold... :$ Can we make it warm atleast near the equator?
I see... So why are you in Canada?
Lol. I don't know
How big of a planet are we talking? Maybe a planet where the poles are covered in ice year round and the rest is warm. Then we've got places for people who want to live in the snow.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
No...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm in! We could have various areas with different climates. Tropical, deserts, mild climates, cold climates, etc.

I'll move to the tropical section. No cars, everything to meet everyday needs within walking distance, growing my own fruits and veggies, neighbors getting together to share food and music and dancing into the night. All of us living in peace and harmony with the animals and ecosystems. It'd be beautiful.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azerea_02 View Post

Sounds like a plan!!

And I was born in the wrong country
Or well, in the wrong climate zone anyway, I like Canada
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria View Post

I'm in! We could have various areas with different climates. Tropical, deserts, mild climates, cold climates, etc.

I'll move to the tropical section. No cars, everything to meet everyday needs within walking distance, growing my own fruits and veggies, neighbors getting together to share food and music and dancing into the night. All of us living in peace and harmony with the animals and ecosystems. It'd be beautiful.
Wouldn't that be the easy way out? Who would stay back to educate the omnivores on earth? They'd have no sense of right or wrong without us. Saps...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts