VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've tried several recipes, but the finished product is either sweet tofu glop or strangely thick soymilk... has anyone tried adding agar-agar? if so, did you boil it first or just add it into the mix? i've tried hip whip, but thats more of a pudding than a topping. i'd appreciate any advice....

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remember in seventh grade home economics class (some 13 years ago) that we made some whipped cream type substance from whipping egg whites and sugar for a few minutes in a bowl. I wonder if it would work with egg replacer and sugar, vegan or otherwise. I think there was some other flavoring ingredient, but can't remember.

probably not much help, huh? heh

rigmarole

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Hip whip is more like pudding? Dang, we just bought some, but we haven't tried it yet. I was going to put it on top of fruit in some (spelt!) phyllo dough. Think that would be too thick for that?

· Registered
4,833 Posts
I did successfully make vegan whipped cream once.. (let me track down the recipe..)

Ok, from Simply Vegan:

1/4 cup soymilk

1/2 cup oil

1 tablespoon maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend soymilk and 1/4 cup oil. Then slowly drizzle in remaining oil. Mix in maple syrup and vanilla.

It's a little thick. Well, it's meant for topping pumpkin pie. If you're going to put it over ice cream.. just a scoop will do. I suppose it's just another "thick soymilk" but this one is actually tasty. It's sweet and vanilla-ey, and it curbed my need for whipped cream when I was dying to have some.

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the recipe charityhjo.... will have to try it this weekend (i'm totally jonesing a chocolate cream pie)

rie, the hip whip is kinda funky....not bad, just funky. it tastes really processed and has an odd texture.... the chocolate flavor is better... kind of chocolate mousse-like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.