VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any vegans and vegetarians want to put some money together and buy a piece of land that we can each do whatever with?

I think it would be nice to get a group together and jointly buy a piece of land that we can each retreat to once in a while or permanently. I think it would be great if we just kept it natural, lived in tents/mud houses etc. Maybe we could form some sort of tribe?
Just thoughts, I have no fixed ideas about it, I'd rather just get a big group of people together and somehow make everyone the president, equal say etc. and just let everyones thoughts and opinions jell together and create something we all agree on. Just another thought, I think we should use some kind of Anarchy principle to "run" it, when I say "anarchy" I typically mean to refer to a society without a publicly enforced government, violently enforced political authority, chief, leader, party, leading team etc. Not the usage of the term intended to imply political disorder or lawlessness within a society.
There, we would just naturally let people form into groups concerned with different things, and just totally let it work it's self out, without trying to control or direct anyone.
By being vegan/vegetarian we've probably already vertually eliminated much of the root thought pattern which results in greed/violence etc. So personally I don't see the need for a centralised control/directing group.

Again not really any fixed ideas, but it would be nice if I can find people who generally think along the same train of though, if I can't then we can work something else out.

If you're keen, please join me and let's discuss it on linkedin.com, search for "VegNation"

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I am relatively positive that all sane people will not give money to a complete stranger her wants to build a cult in the middle of no where and become removed from society, Jonestown anyone? Paul Schäfer, anyone?

Also, I think it's against the rules for a newbie to ask people to send them money or it should be.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I am relatively positive that all sane people will not give money to a complete stranger her wants to build a cult in the middle of no where and become removed from society, Jonestown anyone? Paul Schäfer, anyone?

Also, I think it's against the rules for a newbie to ask people to send them money or it should be.
Did you even read my entire post? I never ever asked people to give money to me. I don't want to build a cult, I was simply mocking other peoples idiotic perceptions and stupid criticism they tried to dumb on me.

I'm not deciding any thing, if you used your brain properly to read my post you would know that. I'm simply getting a group together who all want to put money together to buy a piece of land, like I said and made it very very clear, there will be no leader(s), it must all be based on all our intentions combined. I never labeled my self a leader. If it's true that I'm starting a cult, well then I'm looking for 25-30 more of me (i.e. people who totally agree on the same principles, ideals, train of thought etc.), who then would also be looking for 25-30 more of them to do the same thing.

These statements of yours are so incorrect, they honestly almost seem like an indirect attack on me. I think an apology would be in order.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan_Ninja View Post

I don't want to build a cult, I was simply mocking other peoples idiotic perceptions and stupid criticism they tried to dumb on me.
You conveniently averted my further commentary by agreeing to it sarcastically, because I said I wouldn't reply unless you replied to/refuted what I said... but now you just did.

By definition, you were trying to start a cult- based on some combination of Zeitgeist and Thrive (and I did actually watch the whole movie- it's a who's who of conspiracy theories and malicious lies about established governance and economy; the makers probably should be shot [as they suggest the establishment does to people who tell the "truth"], but fortunately for them the government doesn't actually do that).

Your agreement on the points of culthood was, in what you actually said, honest about your intentions (even if you framed it sarcastically).

Maybe your goals have changed, and if they have, then best of luck to you. However, I do think that people should know what you may ultimately plan on doing before getting into the boat with you (particularly on a financial matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan_Ninja View Post

These statements of yours are so incorrect, they honestly almost seem like an indirect attack on me. I think an apology would be in order.
The statements were true with regards to your previous postings.

You do seem to have dropped the theocracy, the magical energy, and the unrealistic (and untrue) economic conspiracy theories in this thread, though. Maybe you have dropped them entirely- and if you have, I would like to be the first person to congratulate you on honest critical thinking.

If you have not, though, I think you should be more upfront with people about it. Hiding your intentions for fear of criticism or rejection, and then bringing them out at a later date is not a good idea (though, it is exactly what cults do).

FYI: Your beliefs about rules and governance are completely wrong, and vegans and vegetarians do not get along by that virtue alone better than anybody else does. Legitimate contractual or hierarchical governance is essential for any group of people.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vepurusg View Post

You conveniently averted my further commentary by agreeing to it sarcastically, because I said I wouldn't reply unless you replied to/refuted what I said... but now you just did.

By definition, you were trying to start a cult- based on some combination of Zeitgeist and Thrive (and I did actually watch the whole movie- it's a who's who of conspiracy theories and malicious lies about established governance and economy; the makers probably should be shot [as they suggest the establishment does to people who tell the "truth"], but fortunately for them the government doesn't actually do that).

Your agreement on the points of culthood was, in what you actually said, honest about your intentions (even if you framed it sarcastically).

Maybe your goals have changed, and if they have, then best of luck to you. However, I do think that people should know what you may ultimately plan on doing before getting into the boat with you (particularly on a financial matter).

The statements were true with regards to your previous postings.

You do seem to have dropped the theocracy, the magical energy, and the unrealistic (and untrue) economic conspiracy theories in this thread, though. Maybe you have dropped them entirely- and if you have, I would like to be the first person to congratulate you on honest critical thinking.

If you have not, though, I think you should be more upfront with people about it. Hiding your intentions for fear of criticism or rejection, and then bringing them out at a later date is not a good idea (though, it is exactly what cults do).

FYI: Your beliefs about rules and governance are completely wrong, and vegans and vegetarians do not get along by that virtue alone better than anybody else does. Legitimate contractual or hierarchical governance is essential for any group of people.
You're wrong. This has got nothing to do with my cult, and for the cult, I've already explained I'm looking for 15-20 more of me, who in theory are also looking for 15-20 more of them to try and accomplish more or less the same thing, so there is really no way you can call this a scam or a cult. And no we don't need any leader. And the fact that there is no leader or authority in the "cult", clealy shows that it would contradict it's self as a scam or a cult. There are no leaders, every one is simply given an qual share, and governs them selves.

All men, women and children have a natural inheritance to a piece of land (a hectare is sufficient) to care for and co-create life with, land with access to clean water and shelter where they can grow food and raise their families in peace and freedom, doing no harm to the land, to their lives and all of life, and passing on the land and its abundance to their descendants and tribes/villages/communities.

Is there any man, woman or child who will come forward and say we do not have that natural inheritance?

For what are we without land?

Our natural inheritance comes without the threat of being stolen or sold, and is unencumbered by debt or any other man-made restriction BUT comes with full responsibility for nurturing that land and doing no harm. Once we give up our responsibility, we need masters and, once we need masters, we become slaves. We lose our freedom and we lose our uniqueness.

The reason people like you think you need leaders is because you've already given up your responsibility a long time ago, anything the system imposses on you be it taxes, laws, police, authority etc. you will all greatfully accept with little resistance. For people like my self on the other hand, we are willing to take back full responsibility and are well capable of governing our selves, we don't need the establishment to wipe our bottoms for us like you think you do.

You're a doosh, I'm sorry

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great.

Once again, I'm looking for more of me, or people close to it. So if you have any reservations, then maybe you could go and start another thread somewhere else about that, just a suggestiong. I hope that only people who are actually interested somewhat in the cause post here.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
MOD POST

Since this thread is basically on the same subject as three other threads by the same user (two of the already closed), it has also been closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.