VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's everyone doing this year? Just a reminder for all those who suddenly say "I didn't get you anything dear - It just snook up on me this year"...

So, ...I haven't decided what sort of long distance surprise I'm sending Froggy (I know, I know, not much time left!!) and even if I had, I wouldn't announce it here because then it wouldn't be a surprise, now, would it?

My daughter's class is having a party (doesn't EVERY elementary class have a V-day party?) and she's bringing the red velvet cupcakes from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" and baking them in this heart cupcake pan. (I'm sure they'll be a huge hit! I'll post pictures over at my blog after the big day...)

So, ideas? Plans? Places you've had luck with in the past? Sources of VEGAN CHOCOLATE?

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
she's bringing the red velvet cupcakes from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" and baking them in this heart cupcake pan.
I made the choccie ones last night. I wasn't expecting them to be that good but I was impressed! Felt a bit sick after the 8th one though

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
salad made with rose petals

rose bread (form dough into a rose blossoms before cooking)

strawberries cut into hearts and drizzled with an agave/chocolate syrup (agave nectar + vegan hot chocolate mix)

soywax candles

a single rose on the pillow

slowdance in livingroom

teddybear with necklace around its neck

aaaaaaaaaaaand.... that sounds like a good start.

<-wtb valentines date pst.

·
Registered
256 Posts
How DO you cut strawberries into heart shapes exactely? I mean, they're kinda like little hearts already to my mind

I have two large heart-shaped cake moulds, those flexible silicone (?) ones which are really easy to unmould the cakes from when they're done. Nigella does a heart-shaped valentines cake with raspberries stuck on the chocolate icing, it's very pretty and you could just use a vegan choccie cake recipe. I think I'll do this, for a start... still thinking about other stuff to do!

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/gener...573454,00.html

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Last year I snuck over and made Chance breakfast in bed, w/ fresh OJ, and his favorite strawberry biscuits. Then I packed him special lunch w/ homemade cookies (2 kinds) a giant sandwich on his favorite pesto bread, and salad with his favorite dressing. For dinner I made mollygoats green lasagna with roasted garlic bread and salad.

He kind of forgot last year and felt really bad, so this year i'm going to keep it kind of small maybe just special dinner and a small present.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelDime View Post

Troub, who is your lucky valentine? Those are wonderful ideas!! Thanks.
your welcome

the rose muffin bread things are awesome!

here is a picture of a playdough rose. You roll the inner portion, and then add the petals one at a time, making them larger each time. Do the same thing but with bread dough, or a desert dough of some sort, and you have rose muffins!!

this will be the first year in around 5 years I wont have a valentine to share with.... but yah

my valentine this year will be my future wife - going to write a love sonnet to (Lord willing) give to her on our first valentines day married! and thats just the plan at this point anyway - what happens could be entirely different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1) Vegan baking chips melted into Valentine's sucker shapes.

2) A hand made valentine from recycled paper.

3) Art Bars- Fair Trade Chocolate Bars with a little art replica inside

4) Make a donation to a local animal shelter in your loved ones name

5) Buy a gift certificate to your local vets office (perfect for the animal rescue person, it won't go to waste!!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.