VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wouldn't expect people to understand you if you say "I am a vegan", a lot of people don't know or aren't sure of the differences between vegetarian and vegan.

I usually either say "I am a vegan, and I don't eat any meat, fish, eggs, dairy, honey or other animal products" (sometimes I skip the honey if I know it wont be in the dish and I think it will confuse) or just say what I don't eat, and don't use "vegan" at all. If there are vegetarian options I usually just ask to be told if there is any eggs, dairy or honey in the vegetarian options - unless it's a thai place and then I specifiy fish too because sometimes there is fish in their "vegetarian" options. Sometimes people then ask if I'm allergic and I explain I'm vegan.

Anyway as for your trip, I'd try to find vegetarian/vegan friendly places outside of your hotel to eat, and depending on what Aruba is like for vegan food (I have no idea!) maybe some snacks and filling foods incase you don't find anything. This isn't ever a problem for me but not everyone is so lucky!
Have a nice trip.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts