Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

just want to everyone to visit our blog, my wife and i are going to be hiking the Appalachian trail starting march 1st. we are also raising money for Project R & R, which is aimed at freeing chimpanzee's from U.S. laboratories. for all the details please visit our website and tell your friends about it too.

http://www.veganthruhikers.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hiked from Waynesboro, VA to Franconia Notch, NH last summer, and it was a blast.

Are you planning to stay vegan the whole time? It's hard - I knew one vegan on the trail last summer, and she even broke down and ate yogurt from time to time. (there were a lot of lacto-ovo vegetarians out there, though)

Anyway, have a great time, and good luck!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Ask friendly hikers and locals to pint out a plant called "Ramps" - a wild leek that grows all over the southern woods.

Pick a bunch late afternoon while looking for a place to camp - put 'em in the soup.

Really tasty.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just sent you a donation! I couldn't resist! My husband and I are vegans and we are obsessed with walking the AT (read A Walk in the Woods too many times I guess). PLEASE keep us updated - I would love to hear about your adventures!

And I love that you are also using it as an opportunity to raise money for Release & Restitution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you so much for the donation, i just saw that. please check our blog often and pass it on.

thanks

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
MOD POST

The OP has been placed on suspension for spam. Good-natured spam for a good cause (which is why they weren't banned permanently), but we ask that members contribute something to our community before taking something from it.

Closing this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.