VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

vegan thru hikers

725 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  WonderRandy 
#1 ·
hello all.

just want to everyone to visit our blog, my wife and i are going to be hiking the Appalachian trail starting march 1st. we are also raising money for Project R & R, which is aimed at freeing chimpanzee's from U.S. laboratories. for all the details please visit our website and tell your friends about it too.

http://www.veganthruhikers.com

#3 ·
I hiked from Waynesboro, VA to Franconia Notch, NH last summer, and it was a blast.

Are you planning to stay vegan the whole time? It's hard - I knew one vegan on the trail last summer, and she even broke down and ate yogurt from time to time. (there were a lot of lacto-ovo vegetarians out there, though)

Anyway, have a great time, and good luck!

#8 ·
I just sent you a donation! I couldn't resist! My husband and I are vegans and we are obsessed with walking the AT (read A Walk in the Woods too many times I guess). PLEASE keep us updated - I would love to hear about your adventures!

And I love that you are also using it as an opportunity to raise money for Release & Restitution.

#11 ·
MOD POST

The OP has been placed on suspension for spam. Good-natured spam for a good cause (which is why they weren't banned permanently), but we ask that members contribute something to our community before taking something from it.

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.